UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Football move effects title IX

B9j2j6s

Maximum allowed for women:

Volleyball 12

Track 18

Softball 12

Lacrosse 12

Field Hockey 12

Soccer 14

Golf 6

Tennis 8

Basketball 15

Men:

Track 12.6

Soccer 9.9

Lacrosse 12.6

Basketball 13

Baseball 11.7

Total 109 for women, 59.8 for men, plus 63 for football leaves a deficit of 13, IF all are fully funded. Golf was not until recently, don't know about others.

Limit football to 59 and shave 2 off BSB, Lax, Soccer, Track? or add women's rugby (12)? or women's rowing (20)? all of those are better than dropping a men's sport.

BTW tennis, volleyball and basketball are counter sports (no partials), and this doesn't get into the proportion of M/W scholarships vs. M/W student enrollment (luckily Albany is almost 50/50).

Edited by UAalum72

Maximum allowed for women:

Volleyball 12

Track 18

Softball 12

Lacrosse 12

Field Hockey 12

Soccer 14

Golf 6

Tennis 8

Basketball 15

Men:

Track 12.6

Soccer 9.9

Lacrosse 12.6

Basketball 13

Baseball 11.7

Total 109 for women, 59.8 for men, plus 63 for football leaves a deficit of 13, IF all are fully funded. Golf was not until recently, don't know about others.

Limit football to 59 and shave 2 off BSB, Lax, Soccer, Track? or add women's rugby (12)? or women's rowing (20)? all of those are better than dropping a men's sport.

BTW tennis, volleyball and basketball are counter sports (no partials), and this doesn't get into the proportion of M/W scholarships vs. M/W student enrollment (luckily Albany is almost 50/50).

51 to 49, Male to female.

The key may be that omen's soccer gets use of the stadium.

It would be easy to move women's crew to D-1 the boat house is already there it would just require new equipment.

New Boats and full time coaching staff. Recruiting is a easy with on campus recruiting and near by high schools that are really strong (Saratoga, Shen, Burnt Hills etc.).

Edited by B9j2j6s

I spoke to an associate AD today, he said we're OK with scholarships; if there's a problem with Title IX it's with the number of participants, another way of measuring compliance. But I thought if you comply with any of several measurements, you're OK.

I spoke to an associate AD today, he said we're OK with scholarships; if there's a problem with Title IX it's with the number of participants, another way of measuring compliance. But I thought if you comply with any of several measurements, you're OK.

Dane96 is the resident Title IX expert. I think you can meet any of the 3 prongs of the Title IX test to comply.

In the Schenectady Gazette article, Ford was quoted to say, "We won't have 63 scholarships like most CAA teams do, but we'll eventually move upfrom 38 to about 50."

I think he's just referring to 2013.

https://mobile.twitter.com/#!/AndrewSantillo/status/233250379301810176

McElroy said @UAlbanyFootball team will increase to mid 50s in scholarship in 2013 and 60+ in 2014

In the Schenectady Gazette article, Ford was quoted to say, "We won't have 63 scholarships like most CAA teams do, but we'll eventually move upfrom 38 to about 50."

I think he's just referring to 2013.

https://mobile.twitter.com/#!/AndrewSantillo/status/233250379301810176

McElroy said @UAlbanyFootball team will increase to mid 50s in scholarship in 2013 and 60+ in 2014

That's a relief.