UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Soccer- Women's Head Coach Vacancy

One of the sports that gets little or our attention, but the athletic's web page notes that the coaching staff for the upcoming season is "To Be Announced."

Looking at the university's website, a job posting for the women's soccer head coach was posted on June 20th:

http://albany.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=40307

Maybe Mary-Frances Monroe had professional commitments, but I thought it was worth noting...

• 4 weeks later...

Replacement has been named: http://www.ualbanysports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=208818465&DB_OEM_ID=15800

BTW, 72, how did you name the link without editing the post?

I just typed in the code in the original post [ url = pastelink ] linkname [ / url ]

Now I am by no means an expert on women's soccer, but doesn't this hire seem like a bit of a reach?

Very young, and no D1 coaching experience. Maybe she interviewed like a champion.

She did play at a high level - from The Ohio State Uniersity, now to coach at The State U of NY

Replacement has been named: http://www.ualbanysp...DB_OEM_ID=15800

BTW, 72, how did you name the link without editing the post?

I just typed in the code in the original post [ url = pastelink ] linkname [ / url ]

Now I am by no means an expert on women's soccer, but doesn't this hire seem like a bit of a reach?

Very young, and no D1 coaching experience. Maybe she interviewed like a champion.

She did play at a high level - from The Ohio State Uniersity, now to coach at The State U of NY

Thanks for the coding tip...I will implement going forward.

Yeah, I guess I just wanted to see some more coaching experience. I'll google the OSU coach and see if she is some kind of super-mentor, churning out coaches.

I missed the fact that she is a Capital District native. From the OSU website player page:

"Colonie High School Named: 2005 Colonie High School Scholar-Athlete of the Year ... NSCAA/adidas high school All-American (2003-04) ... three-time first team all-state honoree (2002-04) ... 2003 New York State Section 2 Player of the Year ... first Suburban Council player to net 100 goals in career (103) ... averaged more than one goal per match ... earned 10 letters in high school competing in basketball, lacrosse, soccer and track."

I don't follow soccer but checked in this thread.

Regardless of coaching experience, she has some LEGIT real world soccer experience playing with the creme del a creme of the competition, going to a big school with a much better (I'm assuming) soccer program, etc.

Every great coach started somewhere.

I don't follow soccer but checked in this thread.

Regardless of coaching experience, she has some LEGIT real world soccer experience playing with the creme del a creme of the competition, going to a big school with a much better (I'm assuming) soccer program, etc.

Every great coach started somewhere.

I feel you, but I guess I was hoping for more head coaching experience than one losing season at a local Division 3 school.

Hopefully she can bring the program their first championship.