UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Friday Poll

Greatest Pre-D1 Basketball Villian  

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It might be interesting to poll who is our biggest athletic rival? To me, it would be Siena hands down, but to many younger than me, I imagine it would be Stony Brook or Binghamton. This sort of reminds me of the Sports Illustrated 50 state polls; who is the enemy of the state poll.

We'll have to try that poll next time.

I've never really thought of Bing as a rival. Probably because they don't have a football team and their fans are not nearly as obnoxious as Brook fans. A few more battles with them in lacrosse might change that.

No votes for Mike Deane. I'm surprised.

just to add my two cents ... "greatest pre-DI villain(s)" ... faculty/administrators who opposed an earlier move to DI, and later, failed to line up adequate public/private funding for a smooth transition once the decision was made ... current villain ... dan murphy and the wten sports dept. for consistently giving UA the short end of their local collegiate coverage

biggest athletic rival ... w/out question siena ... aints fans will deny a rivalry ... we'll have to recheck their opinion in late november (no reason to check in the fall)

Terrific post!

I hadn't thought about why UA didn't move up before. When you look around at the bigger D1 schools there are a ton of state universities. Someone told me once Rockefeller was against upgrading athletics but I'm not sure I remember that correctly.

If you look at the progress UA has made in five years D1 and think about where we could be had we made the move 20 or 30 years ago.