UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UAlbany MLAX Game 10 at UMBC 12 PM APR 9, 2022 RETRIEVER SOCCER PARK

23 hours ago, bob87 said:

I think there are 2 times this regular season Danes have a game 2 days after another game. Also if this team is to go to the NCAA tournament they are going to have to win a conference semi final on Thursday evening and conference final on Saturday morning/ afternoon. Might as well get used to that turn around

UA plays @ NJIT Friday night the 22ent and @ Yale Sunday 24--noon. Neither involves a 7+ hour bus ride both ways. Also would not be surprised if UA goes from NJIT directly to Yale? In the AmEast & NCAAs the Thursday -Saturday match-up do not involve extra travel. You stay at the sight if you advance to Saturday. Good idea, as you say to schedule a couple thurs-sat games in the regular season, "to get used to that turn around."  BUT IMHO insane to include an +7 hour bus ride when doing so.

Edited by dslyank

On 4/9/2022 at 1:59 PM, dslyank said:

There is something basically flawed with this team. 2018 has said off season conditioning & preparation, which is certainly evident today. But IMHO there is a mental as well as physical aspect lacking. They just do not seem to be able to grasp the axiom that the “most important game of the year is the Current one.” I know it is a cliche but this team seems unable “play one game at a time.” This was no more evident then last weekend when an awful UmassL almost beat UA. And going back to the 1st game of the year; it seemed to me that loss also caused UA to lose the next two winnable games. 
Maybe this rant is 100% off and I’m just being TOO philosophical. I don’t know, maybe it is just growing pains of a young team??  Sorry about the rant, just awfully disappointed in this team overall. 

I think the guys were just plain worn out!