UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

MLAX announces a Pre-season Match against the Haudenosaunee Nationals

The location of the match is Afirms Sports Complex.  Warmups are scheduled to begin at 8:00 PM and the match is to begin at 8:30 PM.

That being said, Scott Marr asked me where on Instagram I saw the announcement.  He seemed shocked that anyone knew about the match and/or any publicity about the match.  Was this game to be played under the radar?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, cwdickens said:

The location of the match is Afirms Sports Complex.  Warmups are scheduled to begin at 8:00 PM and the match is to begin at 8:30 PM.

That being said, Scott Marr asked me where on Instagram I saw the announcement.  He seemed shocked that anyone knew about the match and/or any publicity about the match.  Was this game to be played under the radar?

It is the same time as a Giants playoff game so it appears so. 🤣

I watched about 5 quarters of the scrimmage. Giants on the TV in the Lobby and on phones!!!!

This was the last tryout for their "national" team. One of the guys who sat with us for a while is a dad of one of our players who were trying out for the team as was an older woman who is some kind of an 'official' with their national team.  She had a list of their players. They only have 23 spots and about 50 trying out.  Five or 6 spots will go to pro players who were mostly there and did play, including Lye and Miles Thompson, Ron Jon will be on the team but was not there tonight.  Lyle played all of the first and most of the 2nd 1/4 as did Miles I think - lady said he had a different number on - but didn't say what it was. Lyle had 1 score I think.  Nantikoke played some as well - he has lost a LOT of weight and is a lot lighter, did score while in there for maybe 1/2 quarter.   At the end of 4 quarters we were up 9 to 3 or 4.   A couple of our freshman looked really good as did the tranfer kid from Denver.  He scored 3 in the first 1/4.  Joe Corino, from the FB team was number 0 and did play middie some. People where I was sitting were commenting on how quick and aggressive he was.  Freshman mostly played the 5th 1/4 and the natives almost tied the score.  I left before the 6th and final 1/4 started.

My over-all impression was that we looked really good.  Very cohesive this year  -  parents said the team has great chemistry and were really like a big family this year.  Bodes well I think.  

Our guys were extremly aggressive on the wings going after ground balls - looked a LOT better than last year. Engers did not play - did not dress.

REALLY great passing by everyone tonight.

Edited by HOF2013
  • Like 1