UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

2023-2024 UAlbany MLAX Fall Lacrosse, 2024 Spring Schedule and Things of Note

4 hours ago, jimbo said:

Just out of curiosity, why a neutral site game on Wed between Yale and Colgate? Better facility for winter night game?

Sorry, forgot to ask why Colgate and Yale, selected UAlbany for a game site.  I ask on Wednesday.

On 2/10/2024 at 10:47 AM, cwdickens said:

I have stewed about the lack of UAlbany MLAX home games, here is make up opportunity on February 21, 2024 between Colgate and Yale currently scheduled for the UAlbany Campus:

Yale University Logo
Feb 21 (Wed) 7 p.m.

Albany, N.Y. / UAlbany

Colgate University Logo
Feb 21 (Wed) TBD

Colgate

Albany, N.Y./UAlbany

I will continue to monitor this as we all know, the weather can change this.  This is a rare opportunity to see the Patriot Conference and Ivy Conference best teams play here.

A reminder that Colgate and Yale MLA game at Casey Stadium.  I have not seen a reason for the neutral site game however Yale noted that this rivalry has meet previously in Florida on 3 occasions.  Their first meeting in lacrosse occurred in 1929.

I came to conclusion this evening, that Yale MLAX is at a different level of lacrosse.  After a short period of sloppy play and going down to Colgate 4-1, Yale bought out their Bulldog mentality and outscored Colgate 12-2.  The final score was Yale 21 - Colgate 11.

Yale's defense is relentless, and you can conclude that our youth is going to show on April 19 in New Haven.

From Inside Lacrosse:

Johns Hopkins avenged a loss against Virginia at Homewood Field last season via an epic 16-14 in front of 3,434 fans at Klöckner Stadium. The win was part of a wild six days for lacrosse and the ACC in which No. 1 Notre Dame lost, Duke replaced them and lost, and so did the No. 2 Cavaliers.

NCAA Lacrosse recommends these articles:

Army No. 1 in Inside Lacrosse Men's DI Media Poll For First Time Ever Read Inside Lacrosse Article
2024 Freshman Impact Rankings: Millon, Faison & Jameison Headline Early Season Edition Read Inside Lacrosse Article
Bath, Birch, Spano Are USA Lacrosse Men's Players Of The Week Read USA Lacrosse Article
Big Ten Perils Shake Up USA Lacrosse Division I Men's Top 20 Read USA

Men's Lacrosse St. Patrick's Day Offer!
Gold Level Seats for our Final 3 Home Games!

Jump on the Dane Train for America East Conference play! Grab this LIMITED TIME offer and receive a game ticket to our final 3 home games! The Great Danes will welcome conference opponents Vermont (3/23), Bryant (4/6), and Binghamton (4/27) to Casey Stadium. Watch all 3 games from the best seats in the house for just $60! Offer must be purchased by midnight on Tuesday, March 19.

PURCHASE TICKETS HERE