UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

New commits to U Albany Lacrosse

I don't know how accurate the lists are, but next years class looks small in terms of numbers. No goalie which may make sense and light on attack. Still no Canadians in pipeline which is a little surprising with Merrick's connections, and the 2019 class looks more complete than the 2018 class.

25 minutes ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

I don't know how accurate the lists are, but next years class looks small in terms of numbers. No goalie which may make sense and light on attack. Still no Canadians in pipeline which is a little surprising with Merrick's connections, and the 2019 class looks more complete than the 2018 class.

I was thinking the same thing.  Remember they only have 12.6 scholarships [women 12].  They have to be creative in splitting them or using them.  We know financial aid finds creative ways to help athletes get funds though.   The free tuition for NY State residents has to be helping some.

• 2 weeks later...

I tried to check out UA recruit Swingruber from Ballston Spa. I walked all over the BSpa campus and could only find what looked like a JV lax practice and a girls game. After a nice walk I gave up and went home. Turns out they moved the game to the Columbia turf field over in East Greenbush. Oh well. I tried. Luckily I’m only a mile away from the BSpa campus. It’s still a little soggy out there. 

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

Congratulations to 2018 commit Tanner Hay on being selected to UA AA games! Some great poles coming in next year.

Did you watch the videos of the kid from Oregon?  Zane Sands, D, Sherwood (Ore.) / 3d Oregon.  BIG strong and quick.

12 hours ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

I got a chance to see him play live once last summer. Big kid and athletic. It wouldn't surprise me if the Avon kid is one of the LSM's next year.

Weathersby?   I can't find any new videos of him - all are outdated.  He is actually from Colorado I think.

I knew he was at a boarding school. If I recall he spelled Austin in face off’s against the Ohio State team last summer and did well and from what I saw was the best pole of any of the classes.

The kid from Oregon has a lot of upside. He has all the tools but was a little raw against the elite kids, Hay wasn’t there but have seen Victor play several times. 

I don't know what Owen Hill's status is, but I think I did see an article not to long ago after he broke some sort of scoring  record and it mentioned he was coming to Albany FWIW. He was one of the guys missing last summer form the team tournament but I think he was playing summer box lacrosse.

1 hour ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

I don't know what Owen Hill's status is, but I think I did see an article not to long ago after he broke some sort of scoring  record and it mentioned he was coming to Albany FWIW. He was one of the guys missing last summer form the team tournament but I think he was playing summer box lacrosse.

Yeah a native kid.  Good but at a smaller school.  Yep plays box lacrosse from what I have read..

19 hours ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

I knew he was at a boarding school. If I recall he spelled Austin in face off’s against the Ohio State team last summer and did well and from what I saw was the best pole of any of the classes.

The kid from Oregon has a lot of upside. He has all the tools but was a little raw against the elite kids, Hay wasn’t there but have seen Victor play several times. 

Just the type Coach Marr goes for.  I agree LOTS of upside