UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

[FB] Game #6: 10/13/18 - 7pm - vs Richmond

47 minutes ago, MDBH said:

I could almost guarantee you that Mancuso will be starting, BTW. Just a hunch since Richmond's HC seems to think he played well despite throwing 5 INTs..

If they are going to fire Gattuso can they at least wait until Nov 4th? ;-D 

I was talking about the UA quarterback situation...do they put Brunson back in? Again folks...year 5 and this coaching staff can't find a single worthwhile QB...not one. Sorry, that was probably really negative. 

VT by the numbers (CAA only)

- 7th in Passing YPG

- 10th (aka DEAD LAST) in passing efficiency

- 8th Total offense

Through 5 games he's thrown 10 INT's and 8 TD's...seriously, in year 5 that's the QB that Gattuso recruited and put out there to lead this program. Nevermind that he's a one year rental.

But don't worry folks, next year will DEFINITELY BE BETTER. 

tenor.gif?itemid=4158807

tenor.gif?itemid=5484463

Edited by Clickclack

5 hours ago, Clickclack said:

I was talking about the UA quarterback situation...do they put Brunson back in? Again folks...year 5 and this coaching staff can't find a single worthwhile QB...not one. Sorry, that was probably really negative. 

VT by the numbers (CAA only)

- 7th in Passing YPG

- 10th (aka DEAD LAST) in passing efficiency

- 8th Total offense

Through 5 games he's thrown 10 INT's and 8 TD's...seriously, in year 5 that's the QB that Gattuso recruited and put out there to lead this program. Nevermind that he's a one year rental.

But don't worry folks, next year will DEFINITELY BE BETTER. 

tenor.gif?itemid=4158807

tenor.gif?itemid=5484463

He did NOT recruit him.  He was a walk on.  However, as I said the other day, it is time to go to Byrns

1 hour ago, Clickclack said:

https://m.timesunion.com/sports/article/UAlbany-football-13297390.php?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Read it and weep... If excuses were wins Gattuso would be the best coach in the caa. Always crying about youth this, hurt that, penalties over there... Clown. 

Nothing to weep about.  It is all true.  You can blame the coach, doesn't change the truth of what he said.  NOW, with that said.  The OC HAS to call a better game, game plan was perfect, but pass plays that were called were not.  They did not execute and he is still calling too many fades and deep throws.  Plus it may be time to change QB's.

Edited by HOF2013

6 minutes ago, HOF2013 said:

Nothing to weep about.  It is all true.  You can blame the coach, doesn't change the truth of what he said.  NOW, with that said.  The OC HAS to call a better game, game plan was perfect, but pass plays that were called were not.  They did not execute and he is still calling too many fades and deep throws.  Plus it may be time to change QB's.

Second part of your post is fair... I throw Brunson in there until 4 to go and then go to burns to save eligibility unless Brunson is really clicking. 

32 minutes ago, HOF2013 said:

He did NOT recruit him.  He was a walk on.  However, as I said the other day, it is time to go to Byrns

Semantics... Not sure which is worse the fact that he has a walk-on who as you said he didn't recruit starting or the fact that in year 5 the kid that dragged/invited himself to the team is starting. What does it say about gattusos recruiting? Don't answer... We all know! We watch it (this team) flop around like a dead fish every Saturday for 3 hours. 

Not only does this team overall have poor talent which is a direct reflection of the $ienaty recruiter Gattuso and his staff are but apparently they are also poorly coached that in week 5 they are pulling up the rear in penalties. It's a mess... Everywhere and at every level. #patsoswithafootball

Edited by Clickclack
  • Like 2

lol...he said he wasn't recruited as that's somehow better. That's WORSE dude. That means the guys he DID recruit were so bad a walk-on is starting. Oy vey. Dude will try to apologize for anything and everything when it comes to Gattuso. It's not GG's fault...it's the OC's fault. It's not GG's fault...it's the QB's fault. WOW.

12 hours ago, Clickclack said:

Second part of your post is fair... I throw Brunson in there until 4 to go and then go to burns to save eligibility unless Brunson is really clicking. 

If I understand the new rules this can't be done now since Burns has been on the team for 5 weeks already 

5 minutes ago, HOF2013 said:

If I understand the new rules this can't be done now since Burns has been on the team for 5 weeks already 

I see no reference in regards to player being on the team longer than 5 weeks. I could be wrong but it appears from my reading a player can appear in 4 games and still be allowed to red-shirt technically thus preserving a year of his eligibility. 

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/23861759/what-does-four-game-redshirt-rule-mean-division-teams

Edited by Clickclack

That's the frustrating part, this team does have players. EBH, Holmes, McDonald and sometimes a QB. They are awful on D, a complete overhaul is needed. This wont be a long rebuild if a new coach comes in. He will bring players from 1A, JUCO and probably his former school. Rhode Island got good overnight when they brought in D1 transfers. Rhody's QB is lights out and so are their receivers.

Edited by MRuler 79

34 minutes ago, MRuler 79 said:

That's the frustrating part, this team does have players. EBH, Holmes, McDonald and sometimes a QB. They are awful on D, a complete overhaul is needed. This wont be a long rebuild if a new coach comes in. He will bring players from 1A, JUCO and probably his former school. Rhode Island got good overnight when they brought in D1 transfers. Rhody's QB is lights out and so are their receivers.

I think there are a few players, namely those that you mentioned. On the defensive side of the ball the only player I'd keep is Metheny, Carswall and maybe Watson...Every one of these corners are D2 talents. Every single player on the D line should probably quit football all-together. 

Joe Bernard (5th season with UA), Delbert Cowsette (5th season with UA), Keith Dudzinski (3rd season with UA) should be immediately fired. 

Will Fiacchi who's in his second season as a recruiting coordinator needs to be evaluated and probably re-assigned to something more his speed (film coordinator or water boy). 

It's only fair to give the safeties coach Jarred Holley a pass considering he's in his first year and lost a lot of kids to injuries. The rest can pound bricks, especially those that have been here for years as the program has completely collapsed. 

Unlike other folks, I do NOT see an abundance of talent, there are pockets of talent in a sea of mediocrity or worse. Numerous time throughout the spring and summer and even into training camp, there was talk of depth, this is finally a CAA roster blah blah blah, 90% of this roster looks absolutely awful; slow, small, get pushed around on defense by just about everyone, OL is still mediocre at best even with some experience, the entire roster makes an insane amount of mistakes which speaks to poor awareness by players coupled with brutal coaching. You'd think that if they weren't at least CAA talents, they would understand the game and be more cerebral, apparently Gattuso and this vaunted staff have cornered the market on sub-CAA talent with a sub-CAA brain, only problem with that is they play in the CAA and are cannon fodder for everyone. 

Like I said...it's a mess. 

Edited by Clickclack

3 hours ago, MRuler 79 said:

Agree.  They are NOT over-all terrible talent as some say.  Need to change QB at this point.  Much of the woes of the O are miscues by VT.  Poor passing, poor decisions,  not looking off receivers.

5 hours ago, Eli said:

lol...he said he wasn't recruited as that's somehow better. That's WORSE dude. That means the guys he DID recruit were so bad a walk-on is starting. Oy vey. Dude will try to apologize for anything and everything when it comes to Gattuso. It's not GG's fault...it's the OC's fault. It's not GG's fault...it's the QB's fault. WOW.

DON'T call me Dude!!  I have tried to summit reasonable observations - you can't,  All you do is attack Gatusso - Say something creative!!!!!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, HOF2013 said:

DON'T call me Dude!!  I have tried to summit reasonable observations - you can't,  All you do is attack Gatusso - Say something creative!!!!!

Okay, dude. 

You have reasonable observations? Struggling to see them...all I see is you making excuse after excuse after excuse as to why the program is in the sorry state it is in and you keep COMPLETELY ignoring the question(s) Click is asking you regarding recruiting (or lack thereof)...but I tried my best (below is me trying my best):

8718b.jpg?a427416

Finally, after much searching, I got the following:

Error 404: Reasonable Observation Not Found. Contact the help desk.

Edited by Eli