UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

MLAX Game 8 Conference Game 2 vs Vermont, Tom & Mary Casey Stadium, Albany, NY Saturday, March 23, 2024 1:00 PM

2 hours ago, Laxdawg20 said:

The thing is you don’t know is that UA DID try to move it … they tried but Vermont was already in town day before. Them getting down here Saturday would  have been even tougher & more unsafe. There’s always behind the scenes administration stuff that goes on that not everyone is privy to. Stunk for UA fans but glad to be able watch from couch on miserable day. Bottom line is we got a HUGE W! 

I hope UVM does not get stuck in some place like Fort Ann or Whitehall NY trying to get back to Vermont.  

20 hours ago, Laxdawg20 said:

The thing is you don’t know is that UA DID try to move it … they tried but Vermont was already in town day before. Them getting down here Saturday would  have been even tougher & more unsafe. There’s always behind the scenes administration stuff that goes on that not everyone is privy to. Stunk for UA fans but glad to be able watch from couch on miserable day. Bottom line is we got a HUGE W! 

How many days have the UAlbany WLAX been in Burlington, VT?

On 3/23/2024 at 5:46 PM, Laxdawg20 said:

I was at the game, rain but really not bad IF one knows how to dress for it.  W was pretty warm and dry the entire game.  GREAT game........

• Like 1

The problem with Casey in the rain; there is not a lot of good/reasonable standing room viewing. With most of the railing on level one being occupied by handicap seating and/or concessions does not leave much viewing space. And going two or more deep, you really see nothing at all; plus getting constantly dripped on from the upper deck. I guess could go upstairs, but I have not been up there in a long time and do not know for sure. At least at Fallon {and believe me I am NOT recommending going back there}, you could stand along the fence for 360º and for the most part view the game satisfactorily. At Casey if you do not want to sit in a slushy/wet seat I guess you could stand ; only if everyone in your section agreed to it?😜

Sorry about the complaining and I get it VT came down early; but the women had time to make a change and I do not see why the men could not??

Broke my heart to miss only my third D1 home game ever💔. Of course watched on espn, but not the same as being there. And again I apologize for the rant, and actually I enjoy lacrosse for being an all-season all weather sport. My family often calls me all sorts of crazy, when I head out the door bundled to the nines, going to lacrosse or football for that matter (not as devoted to football anymore as I use to be though.)

Anyhow, DONE. LETS GO DANE TRAIN!🥍🚅

Edited by dslyank

3 hours ago, HOF2013 said:

I was at the game, rain but really not bad IF one knows how to dress for it.  W was pretty warm and dry the entire game.  GREAT game........

58 minutes ago, dslyank said:

The problem with Casey in the rain; there is not a lot of good/reasonable standing room viewing. With most of the railing on level one being occupied by handicap seating and/or concessions does not leave much viewing space. And going two or more deep, you really see nothing at all; plus getting constantly dripped on from the upper deck. I guess could go upstairs, but I have not been up there in a long time and do not know for sure. At least at Fallon {and believe me I am NOT recommending going back there}, you could stand along the fence for 360º and for the most part view the game satisfactorily. At Casey if you do not want to sit in a slushy/wet seat I guess you could stand ; only if everyone in your section agreed to it?😜

Sorry about the complaining and I get it VT came down early; but the women had time to make a change and I do not see why the men could not??

Broke my heart to miss only my third D1 home game ever💔. Of course watched on espn, but not the same as being there. And again I apologize for the rant, and actually I enjoy lacrosse for being an all-season all weather sport. My family often calls me all sorts of crazy, when I head out the door bundled to the nines, going to lacrosse or football for that matter (not as devoted to football anymore as I use to be though.)

Anyhow, DONE. LETS GO DANE TRAIN!🥍🚅

By now, anyone, who is season ticketholder for Casey Stadium, owns Snow/Ski Overalls, a "Big Puffy" Winter Coat, Raingear and appropriate footgear.

The issue for me, I realized that the trees in my neighborhood were significantly more coated in ice then predicated and the situation appeared to worsen by the minute.  A little common sense made this an easy call, the weather north of the Twin Bridge was much worse than at Casey Stadium.  Lastly, I hope Scott Marr made it home safely to Clifton Park.  

• Like 1