UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

MLAX Game 8 Conference Game 2 vs Vermont, Tom & Mary Casey Stadium, Albany, NY Saturday, March 23, 2024 1:00 PM

Scott, if you have any feelings for fan base, please move this game to Sunday!!!!  We are sick and tired being forced to watch our games in extreme weather.  While I have great LL Bean rain gear, must fans do not.

The NWS forecast for

Saturday: Rain and snow, becoming all rain after 11am. High near 40. South wind 7 to 13 mph becoming northwest in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.

Mar 23 (Sat) 1:00 PM
AE
vs 

Looking for people looking to watch a lacrosse game in the rain and cold:

Men's Lacrosse vs. Vermont

Saturday at 1 PM
Tom & Mary Casey Stadium

Men's Lacrosse returns to Casey Stadium this Saturday afternoon! Game time is set for 1 PM against conference rival Vermont. Use promo code DANETRAIN to receive 2 tickets for $25! Offer available online only, must purchase in advance.

PURCHASE TICKETS HERE

Enter Promo code (top of page) DANETRAIN for Ticket Offer

Your wish is granted

Due to inclement weather in the forecast in Burlington, Vt., the University at Albany women's lacrosse game at Vermont originally scheduled for Saturday, March 23 has been postponed.  The game will now be played Sunday, March 24 at 12:00 pm.

From Wlax thread. Are the women smarter than the men. What the He!! is wrong with the men's program; that they are so resistant to making a date change??

Nothing against Scott; but I've sit through too many inclement weather games over the years, where moving the game a day would have provided a better experience for the fans and probably a better safer game for the teams??  Does he think playing in bad conditions gives UA a competitive advantage??????  THOUGHT/OPINIONS.

Edited by dslyank

7 hours ago, dslyank said:

Your wish is granted

Due to inclement weather in the forecast in Burlington, Vt., the University at Albany women's lacrosse game at Vermont originally scheduled for Saturday, March 23 has been postponed.  The game will now be played Sunday, March 24 at 12:00 pm.

From Wlax thread. Are the women smarter than the men. What the He!! is wrong with the men's program; that they are so resistant to making a date change??

Nothing against Scott; but I've sit through too many inclement weather games over the years, where moving the game a day would have provided a better experience for the fans and probably a better safer game for the teams??  Does he think playing in bad conditions gives UA a competitive advantage??????  THOUGHT/OPINIONS.

I have truly question Scott Marr's thinking about playing a lacrosse game based on the current weather forecast.  Our sports administrators and head coach are paid not only to coach and lead our student-athletes plus they are paid to ensure their safety.  Playng the game tomorrow threatens their safety and their health.

The current forecast for The University at Albany over the next 24 hours follows: 

Tonight: Snow likely before 3am, then snow and sleet. Low around 28. North wind 5 to 7 mph becoming east after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Total nighttime snow and sleet accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.

Saturday: Rain, snow, freezing rain, and sleet before 10am, then rain between 10am and 5pm, then rain, possibly mixed with snow after 5pm. High near 34. North wind 6 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Little or no ice accumulation expected. New snow and sleet accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

It’s lacrosse not baseball there’s no crying in lacrosse either! Man up! Go over to city line then be inside and watch there fir watch party with bunch of other “fans” our weather here sucks it’s unfortunate but it is what it is 

3 hours ago, Laxdawg20 said:

It’s lacrosse not baseball there’s no crying in lacrosse either! Man up! Go over to city line then be inside and watch there fir watch party with bunch of other “fans” our weather here sucks it’s unfortunate but it is what it is 

What the blank!!!  I have watch lacrosse and football games in all sorts of weather; however, I draw the line in the sand or this case sleet and snow and the highly case that conditions will be much better on Sunday.  If this game is allowed to be played, we are putting the health and welfare of two teams on the line both on the field and traveling to and from the game.  Each year I make a significant GDAC contribution plus tickets for three sports.  Why should our GDAC investment in our student-athletes be allowed to be used by coaches and sports administrators who cannot make common sense decisions? 

Vermont faces serious decisions concerning traveling to and/or from the game.

The updated weather forecast calls for snow or sleet until at least 10:00 AM Saturday.

Tonight:  Snow likely before 3am, then snow and sleet. Low around 27. East wind 3 to 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Total nighttime snow and sleet accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

Saturday: Rain, snow, freezing rain, and sleet before 10am, then rain between 10am and 5pm, then rain, possibly mixed with snow after 5pm. High near 34. North wind 6 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Little or no ice accumulation expected. New snow and sleet accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Laxdawg20 said:

Sorry Law I see NO viable reason why this game should NOT be moved to Sunday. Like CW I've been to UA games for 50+ years in ALL KINDS of weather. In fact I have missed ONLY 2 Lacrosse home games in the D1 era, neither due to weather. I will be there today; but still absolutely think fro player safety and fan/parents/donor comfort DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHY THE GAME CANNOT NOT BE MOVED TO SUNDAY. 

It has nothing to do with manning up. It has to do with providing a reason fro playing today when a perfectly good alternative exist. SEE YOU THERE; either way🤔

1 hour ago, dslyank said:

Sorry Law I see NO viable reason why this game should NOT be moved to Sunday. Like CW I've been to UA games for 50+ years in ALL KINDS of weather. In fact I have missed ONLY 2 Lacrosse home games in the D1 era, neither due to weather. I will be there today; but still absolutely think fro player safety and fan/parents/donor comfort DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHY THE GAME CANNOT NOT BE MOVED TO SUNDAY. 

It has nothing to do with manning up. It has to do with providing a reason fro playing today when a perfectly good alternative exist. SEE YOU THERE; either way🤔

Likewise, I will be at Casey Stadium just to see if our university cared enough about the fans and cleared out the stands at Casey Stadium.  

36 minutes ago, jimbo said:

My local spies tell me there’s about 2” and raining slush in Guilderland. About 8” in Ballston Spa and roughly 16” in Saratoga. 

Light raining however freezing on tree limbs and power lines.  Some spots in Southern Saratoga County do not have power.

4 hours ago, cwdickens said:

Likewise, I will be at Casey Stadium just to see if our university cared enough about the fans and cleared out the stands at Casey Stadium.  

I want to make it clear, I did not drive to the game, due to the freezing rain in southern Saratoga County. The TV camaras never showed the stand on the west side seating, only shot of fans were hanging out under the upper deck, trying to stay dry.

8 hours ago, dslyank said:

The thing is you don’t know is that UA DID try to move it … they tried but Vermont was already in town day before. Them getting down here Saturday would  have been even tougher & more unsafe. There’s always behind the scenes administration stuff that goes on that not everyone is privy to. Stunk for UA fans but glad to be able watch from couch on miserable day. Bottom line is we got a HUGE W! 

• Like 1