UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

BBC story on Rob Caracciolo

Dane Pound

Read the kid's blog online. Says that the TU is doing a story on him, suppose it will be out today since he runs at 12:35 pm eastern today. Then again I just looked online and maybe not since I don't see anything.

His blog says he is starting right next to the world record holder in this event. Too bad! Guess it's good to be there.

Suppose the story then will run Saturday, re: the results of the race. He's not likely to qualify for the next round.

I couldn't find it online but there is a good story in today's TU about Caracciolo. One of the UA coachs went with him to Athens. Not much of a chance of him getting past prelimbs but from his weblog it sounds like a great experience and is good exposure for the program at UA.

From reading the posts on his web log, he liked his assistant coach but they don't think much of the head coach. (You have to also read what people replied to his posts and they sort of trashed the head guy).

I know the results, but I'll not spoil it. The race will be run in primetime between 8-12 pm tonight, but they don't give exact times. Since he's in with the world record holder (PS he does win the heat), they'll definitely show it if you are interested in watching.

Thanks for not spoiling it DF2K3 but NBC did. American Alan Webb ran in a different heat and that was the only one they televised. Just the results from the other heats and those were only the qualifiers.

According to his weblog Caracciolo is supposed to run again in the 3000M steeplechase sometime today. If I remember right they declared him ineligible for that race when the olympics began. I guess they have reevaluated. Unfortunate for him that he had to run yesterday and couldn't save himself for what should be a better event for him.