UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Tuesday Trivia

Dane Pound

Doc Sauers is in the 700 win club for basketball and Bob Ford is in the 200 win club for football. According to my shoddy research there is only one other school that's had a basketball coach with over 700 wins and a football coach with over 200.

Can you name the school?

Well, this is a trick question I think. I am going to give two answers.

If it does not matter where the victories were attained, these come to mind RIGHT OFF THE BAT

Fresno State

Jim Sweeney

Jerry Tarkanian

Ohio State

Bobby Knight

Woody Hayes

Kentucky

Bear Bryant

Adolph Rupp

I dont belive there is one school where a football coach won 200 at that school (other than UA) and had ANY 700 win coach.

had to make an amendment to this ... was a bit quick ...

According to my shoddy research there is only one other school that's had a basketball coach with over 700 wins and a football coach with over 200. -Dane Pound

like so many others ... time to come out of a brief retirement (from trivia games) ... Dane96 i believe is correct with his answers and in suggesting that it hasn't been done by coaches who were only at one school for their career ... but, Maryland is another correct answer ... Lefty Driesell was at Maryland and ended his career with 786 wins ... Paul 'Bear' Bryant was at Maryland at the start of his head coaching career and finished with 323 victories ... i don't believe that there is any school that had coaches with those numbers on campus up to the time of their retirement ... i'm done

Edited by alumni '92'

I didn't intend it as a trick question but it certainly is tricky. I'm pretty sure you're right no other school has the 700/200 combination of coaches with all the wins coming at that school. That's a pretty nice distinction.

In the question I said one other school because I'm pretty sure Fresno State is the only other school where the coaches obtained their 700th win and 200th win. I'm not sure about Sweeny but Tarakanian certainly had wins at other schools.

The other schools you mentioned have had 700 win BB coaches and 200 win FB coaches pass through but didn't get their milestone wins there. You can certainly count them too.

Alumni92- I hope to drag you out of retirement again next week.

Edited by Dane Pound