UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Lady Danes run for literacy

I was reading the Sunday TU, looking for the name of a friend who had run in Saturday's Run for Literacy and I came accross the name, Sharon Majors. I figured it wasn't that uncommon a name, but continued to read the results and also saw the names of Maree Jones, Tanya James and Tanika Thrower. Maybe there are others I missed. I think it's great to see our student-athletes participating in a visible community event.

I ran Saturday morning as well and you can do me a favor and not look up my time :o .

There were a lot of UA people there. In addition to the players you mentioned I saw Jen Schmaker, Hutch and the new center Kristen Peterson. Also Coach Banda and some people from his team, all or most of the UA track team, as well as Jeff Kaier, Roman Dubiel and Coach Mueller from the baseball team.

Very well supported event by the UA community as there were alot of students as well. At the start the announcer was firing up the crowd by asking who was from UAlbany. I'm pretty sure Jamie Rodriguez, the guy who finished second ran track for UA a few years ago. There was a story on him last year when he ran the Stockade-a-thon. Pretty sure it's the same guy.

Edited by Dane Pound