UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

PAC-10 / AMERICA EAST BASKETBALL...WOW!!!

GreatDanes06

Wow, my first real big NCAA Basketball game. I only wish America East basketball was that crazy. ASU lost to UCLA 86-82, but nearly 10,000 fans into it going crazy. I thought our fans are tought on the refs, WOW, NO CONTEST. Here are a few notes:

1) Former Pittsburgh Coach Ben Howland is doing a great job getting UCLA back as a top team. Great coaching

2) Former UA Andrew Ecker did not play, has only seen time in 1 game this year. Hes nothing vital to ASU.

The pep band was rocking, the students were into it. 9,850 fans for a 6:30 game was amazing. Sat behind the ASU bench for a little and then was right in the middle of the court rest of the game. Ike Diagu was sick in the paint, and is a clear first rounder. I told my dad, who lives in Atlanta, we got to go to a Georgia Tech game, because i have to believe a ACC game is even bigger then a Pac-10 game

SOMEONE, HOW DO YOU PUT PICTURES INTO YOUR POSTS THAT ARE NOT URLS, BUT COME FROM DIGITAL CAMERAS...I HAVE PICS I CAN SHOW YOU GUYS IF I CAN FIGURE HOW TO POST THEM???????????

The pics have to live on the internet somewhere for you to show them GD84. Sorry, but there's just not enough space to host user posted images here.

Glad you had a good trip and enjoyed a fun athmosphere. Hopefully that kind of athmosphere will be coming to the RACC on a smaller scale. Is that what ASU usually draws or was it because it was UCLA?

i have a webshots account, i think maybe that will work for me.

I was sitting next to the guy, he said Well Fargo Arena can sit 15,000, but they usually have trouble drawing if its not a Pac-10 game, unless its a big name program. They could have drawn more for UCLA. They had 9,850 last night, and if classes were in session and they hada good start time (THEY STARTED AT 6:30 LOCAL TIME BECAUSE FOXSPORTS ARIZONA WANTED TO GET BOTH THE ASU AND ARIZONA GAME ON, SINCE ARIZONA WAS AT USC AND THEY ARE AN HOUR EARLIER THEN ARIZONA TIME) they could have gotten more. Guy said they usually get around 10,000-11,000. When Arizona is in town, that when they pack the 15,000 in there. The upper decks behind the baskets were empty last night. But it was a great game. I wish UA can get like that, it would be great.

The main complaint with the Arena is the parking. The campus has 55,000 students, so almost all the parking is decal parking. They have a monster parking garage that was open to only decals, and 80% of it was empty. Thats what the fans seem to not like. They makethe public park about 1/4 mile away behind Sun Devil Stadium (Fiesta Bowl). Wills Fargo is about 200 yards from the entrence to Sun Devil Stadium, and 500 yards from Packard Field (Baseball Stadium). Tons of parking around it, but its all decal and student parking. Thats the main beef that fans have with the University.

Ill try and get those pics up.

Edited by GreatDanes84