UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Albany sings big man

Pardon me if this is old news. I was reading Teleps site this morning and saw that Albany signed Joe Dyson, a 6-9, 240 pound all-state center out of Hockessin (DE) a pretty good get for Albany. Congrats on the signing!!!

Bio from telep's site:

Won a state championship and was partnered for three years with Will Sheridan in high school. Great body but hands sometimes fail him. He has a high-major frame but the skills have yet to catch up.

Tony, it's not old news to me. Patch had posted last week that there was to be an expected (by the coaching staff) signing that had not previously been reported and I assume this is it. I will feel a little more at ease when I see the press release reporting that National Letters have actually been received.

I also note that the Times Union article last week which reported the Siena National Letters received indicated that UAlbany women had a verbal from a 6'4" player. Can anyone provide more info on that?

Usually Patch and the Professor are all over stuff like this. Telep lists Deleware as the other school interested and both he and Rivals rate Dyson pretty high. This looks like a great signing to add to an already good incoming class. Can't wait until these guys sign so we can hear what Brown says about them-hopefully by the luncheon Wednesday.

If this is true it's a "Great Get" for the Danes - 6'9" 245lbs is big. HoopScoop rates him in the Top 300, Rivals rates him 3 Stars. Rivals list him as getting interest from Deleware, Drexel, Tennessee, St. Joes, LaSalle and Charlotte.

If true, this will mean the Danes are finally going to have a ROSTER full of DI talent for the first time ever. In fact with the 4 freshman and the 2 transfers that alone is better than any team we've had at the DI level.

Great job by the coaching staff, now let's wait for something official because recruiting is a wacky business. It ain't over until the papers are signed.