UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Late Signing Period

Begins in less than a month - what position(s) does UA need?

Assuming Covington signs, I think that would leave them with 1 or 2 (if Dyson has left the program). I think they need another big man and a point guard. If they can't get a pg, they should get another perimeter shooter.

I hope Dyson didn't go anywhere. He may alot of learning to do at the D1 level but we haven't had many guys with his dimensions (6'9 250lb). Seems like he could really help against teams like Bing and UMBC that like to bang and foul.

I'm not sure about a PG if they are still trying to convert Lillis into that role. That would leave Jamar, Iati, Lillis and Bauman if he gets stronger as possible candidates. Maybe if you could get a super prospect at that position. I'd think maybe a small forward type.

BTW, I watched Gordon Kaliber last night for Farliegh sienafaninson. A couple of years ago he supposedly wanted to come to Albany but there wasn't a scholarship open. He was first team all-conference his soph year and looked great scoring 24 against Illinois. Ahh, what might have been.

i watched klaiber w/interest myself last evening ... he was all set for UA, but had serious academic issues and couldn't get through admissions ... instead of going to prep school, he bolted when he was accepted at FDU ... interesting how the message board system rewrites terms that could be inappropriate to some readers (i mentioned the FDU name in an earlier post about recruits UA was close to getting, and the program did the same thing it did in your post)

[brown has] been more than in the running for a couple of other high level recruits - 3/13/05