UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Why Siena STILL SUCKS!

Dane96

You guys will love the latest from Siena. Hoop-it-up, whomever he may be, made some pretty vanilla comments about Siena's dud recruits. He basically said that the Saints shouldnt get too excited because these kids were around so late in the period.

Tony, in his spectacularly iron fisted Darth Vaderesque self, "outed" Hoop-it-up as the Czar, Professor, etc. Furthermore, he intimated Gallagher Driscoll was the PROF....and then allowed a poster to make that inference.

Whether it is true or not, I stated that as a moderator Tony should be ashamed; boards are anonymous for a reason and if he felt Hoop-it-up was out of line he should have banned him.

He responded with these wonderful remarks:

"No Dane, you are a guest on this board, this is the Siena board. Professor AKA hoop it up, was warned about coming here to start trouble. End of discussion"

It amazes me that a moderator acts the way he consistantly does on that board. He deletes posts that question recruits, coaching moves, administration, or even himself. Outing someone....that is the ultimate disgrace for a moderator and completely uncalled for.

Once again, Dane Pound should be commended for creating an atmosphere that allows for the difference of opinions, even if at times they get out of hand. It amazes me that a program such as Albany, who has had to go through so much more growing pains than SIENA ever did upon moving to DI, could have much classier fans, admins, coaches, players, and board members.

I see it as simple as the following: SIENA fans see the Giant has awoken on Washington Ave and they hate it. They see our titles, press coverage, NCAA bids, and fan base, all of which are growing at a way to alarming pace for their own good.

I want to take this time to say: WE SHOULD ALL BE PROUD OF THE WAY WE CONDUCT OURSELVES AS FANS ON THIS BOARD...and WE SHOULD AGAIN THANK DANE POUND FOR HIS STEWARDSHIP.

The thread is the Kenny Hasbrouch one on the Siena board.

I see it as simple as the following: SIENA fans see the Giant has awoken on Washington Ave and they hate it. They see our titles, press coverage, NCAA bids, and fan base, all of which are growing at a way too alarming pace for their own good. - Dane96

96 is right on ... the giant is awakening ... the student body is slowly coming around (a huge resource that siena lacks), coupled with the success of the rest of the Dane athletic dept. (stolen local media coverage, etc.) ... i wasn't sure a few years back that UA would match or surpass siena on the basketball court (fan base, media support, corporate sponsors, etc.), but those doubts have passed ... we're not there yet (w/ basketball), but the gap is closing at an alarming rate for the siena faithful ... their board and policies are entertaining, desperate times ... desperate measures

Of all the sports forums I've browsed the last five years, I can't think of ANYONE's identity being revealed except by themselves, and certainly not by the moderator, who should be deleting any such outing.

The Siena board's entertainment value should go up again December 4.

Dane96, I agree, it was absolutely inappropriate.

The Siena program is down and will be down for atleast the next few years. They may be the worst team in the MAAC, second or third best team in the Albany area St. Rose always has a pretty good team) and have a sub 300 RPI (a lot like UA looked a few years back)which woul put them in the lowest 10% of all D1 teams. Certainly, they will be back at some point - they do have the Pepsi for recruiting

To top it off, they are signing kids that were not signed during the late signing period and they think these kids are going to contribute.

They should not take out their frustration on posters. First they ban Soup - who actually makes some good points, they then attempt to out a poster.