UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

2005-06 Schedule

is up on the UA site.

2005-06 University at Albany Men's Basketball Schedule

November

9 (Wed.), Coaches vs. Cancer Classic (vs. Oakland), TBA#; 10 (Thu.), Coaches vs. Cancer Classic (vs. Florida or St. Peter's), TBA#; 21 (Mon.), Sacred Heart, 7:00; 26 (Sat.), at San Diego State, 10:05; 29 (Tue.), at UCLA, TBA. #Gainesville, Fla.

December

3 (Sat.), at Siena (Pepsi Arena), TBA; 10 (Sat.), at Cleveland State, 5:30; 17 (Sat.), Harvard, 2:00; 20 (Tue.), Binghamton*, 7:00; 23 (Fri.), at Stony Brook*, 7:00; 28 (Wed.), at Brown, TBA.

January

4 (Wed.), Hartford*, 7:00; 7 (Sat.), Maine*, 7:00; 9 (Mon.), Cornell, 7:00; 12 (Thu.), at Boston U.*, TBA; 14 (Sat.), Utah Valley State, 7:00; 18 (Wed.), at Vermont*, 7:00; 22 (Sun.), New Hampshire*, 2:00; 25 (Wed.), UMBC*, 7:00; 29 (Sat.), at Binghamton*, TBA.

February

1 (Wed.), Stony Brook*, 7:00; 4 (Sat.), Boston U.*, 7:00+; 8 (Wed.), at Hartford*, TBA; 11 (Sat.), at Maine*, TBA; 20 (Mon.), Vermont*, 7:00; 23 (Thu.), at New Hampshire*, TBA; 26 (Sun.), at UMBC*, 4:00.

March

3, 4 & 5, America East Conference Tournament (Events Center, Vestal, N.Y.); 11 (Sat.), America East Conference Championship^, 11:30 a.m.

*America East Conference Opponent

+Big Purple Growl

^At Highest Remaining Seed's Home Arena

All Times Eastern

Who the heck is Utah Valley State? you're probably asking yourself. Read this to find out Utah Valley State

Edited by Dane Pound

Anyone think the new university president have a hand in scheduling Utah Valley State?

Interesting march to upgrade the UVSC athletic program. Thanks for providing the link.

9122[/snapback]

Certainly will be nice to have some home games this year. I really like the fact that Boston U is the Big Purple Growl game this year. If preseason predicitons hold those will be the top two teams in the league and should be a great game in front of the years biggest crowd.

The early OOC games seem tough and road heavy but really Oakland and San Diego State are certainly games that can be won.

Here's the RPI numbers on some of those opponents:

Albany-195

Oakland-197

St. Peters 164 or Florida 19

Sacred Heart-325

San Diego State-186

UCLA-38

Siena-297

Cleveland St-275

Harvard-196

Brown-228

Cornell-210

Utah Valley State-227

The website release mentions that one more OOC will be announced at a later date. Any speculation/rumors on who that might be against, whether it will be home or away, and when it might be?

Edit: Guess that would be the BracketBuster game. TU article mentions the date I believe.

It's certainly possible that I'm crazy. I didn't predict victory in the San Diego State game just pointed out that it's not a David vs. Goliath game like say, the Danes vs. Florida. Admittedly I don't know too much about SDS other than they've had some trouble getting some of their recruits to campus this year.

The game against Oakland might be the most important OOC game of all. The final in Gainsville are likely to be on national television, regional for certain. (One of four Coaches vs Cancer sites). Gators have a history of looking ahead.

Regarding SDSU. I've watched them quite a bit the last two years. Well coached, very disciplined, but they will be returning from a tough trip to Alaska just prior to the Albany game. Maybe they'll take Danes lightly. Brandon Heath, 6-3 Guard - an NBA prospect.

While, it is certainly not a very important question; I can't understand scheduling a game at Cleveland State. It's a road game with a flight expense; it takes the players out of town around finals; its against a team with a not too impressive RPI; with no apparant connection. I like playing the IVYs and Patriots. I just can't figure out why we'd go to Cleveland instead of a Colgate, Lehigh, Lafayette or Bucknell type of team.

I just can't figure out why we'd go to Cleveland instead of a  Colgate,  Lehigh, Lafayette or Bucknell type of team.

9139[/snapback]

It's possible it was all the little chicks with crimson lips saying...

"Cleveland Rocks! Cleveland Rocks"

but probably not. We've had three good players come from the midwest in the past two recruiting classes. Maybe they are trying to increase exposure in that area for recruiting.

Edited by Dane Pound