UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Girl's Lose

FDU is picked at the bottom of the NEC and Albany lost at home. Bad loss for the ladies. The AE is rated much higher than the NEC.

Also, take a long hard look at the best women's players. All are Mari Warner's players. Sweetland, Ayers, Jones, Learn, Schumacker, and Hutchinson.

Look at Pattersons players. Major, the frosh from Canada, the JUCO girl, Scipione, and the injured girl from Maine. The girl from Canada and the JUCO girl are wild and crazy on the court, Major is a back-up's back-up and Scipione is gone.

What did Warner do wrong? Wasn't recruiting!

What did Warner do wrong? Wasn't recruiting!

How about not winning, and not showing any improvement at all?

Even though Warner recruited most of the current players, the jury has to be out on Patterson's recruits ... because you have to remember, Learn hasn't done a thing until this year. Players take time to develop.

Also, there IS something to be said for actually COACHING and making players better. I'm not saying Patterson molded those players into what you see now, but you have to give her at least some credit.

Any word when the Big Girl's will be back?

Professor interesting early appraisal of recent women's recruiting. From what you seem to be saying is that Patterson is a better tactician and Warner was a better recruiter. But it's early lets see how things pan out.

I always enjoy going to games early as you can see the players and coaches interact and watch how they prepare for the game. That said, I went to 2 women's games last year (not counting Siena as I wasn't close enough to watch the interactions. Coach Patterson had almost no interaction with her players - either before the game or during the game. I posted this at the time on the old board, but I was shocked. The only interactions that I recall were during timeouts and that wasn't one on one coaching - that was drawing up a play. Not sure what that means, but I have gone to many games at all levels of play and I don't recall experiencing that before.

reeder

Great observation, I never realized that situation until you brought it up again.

I've been to a number of women's games and Patterson real;ly does very little to interact with her players, but they do seem to be a more active group since she has been here.

If I do have a problem with Patterson it's that she often seems almost too controlled on the sidelines. There are times (yesterday for example) when the team isn't hustling to loose balls and rebounds that calling a time-out and giving them an earful wouldn't be the worse thing in the world. I don't recall her ever doing that and she may just not be that kind of coach. That said for the most part I like her as a coach and think it's way too early to judge her coaching or recruiting on just one year.