UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Eliott Englemann

I guess its between us and Butler hor this player. I wonder if this kid wants to go to a big school like UA or a small school like Butler. Looking at there roster they seem like a small team, so it should be intresting to see. Hey does anyone have any info on this guy? Also has any other recruits taken a vist to campus?

Covington was on that same list last year I'm pretty sure. Other places list him as bigger (6'7) and as a power forward so maybe some of that insiders info is old. For what it's worth Hoopscoop has him listed among the top 800 juniors in the country.

Not a great write-up but better than nothing:

33. Elliot Englemann-6-8- Downers Grove- Wolves

Previous Ranking: 28

Elliot's biggest strength is in his height. Elliot at 6-8, plays as well in the post as he can on the outside. His game has improved drastically from two summers ago, when he was slower and skinnier. Today, he plays with confidence and runs the floor well. If he continues to improve he could be compared to other top big men in state.

Passing: B

Ball Handling: B

Shooting: B

Rebounding: A

Defense: B+

Knowledge: A

Quickness: C+

Strength : B+

Overall: B+

I bet it is him - nice job with the picture.

Wonder if all the recruits get to meet with the president?

When I had a visit, I don’t recall meeting the president. I remember taking a tour of the PE building, walking around Colonial - that's where most of the athlete's lived, ate in the Colonial cafeteria with the kid that hosted me (he went to my HS). I don't remember much after that - I was told that I got really drunk at the Rat (is that still there?) and then passed out at a party at Alumi Quad.

The next day we did go to some classrooms because another kid that was visiting wanted to tell his parents that he saw them. I remember asking how you got to ask questions in a 500 person lecture center…

Anyway, he looks a little taller than Brown - so maybe 6'6" is accurate.

at the Rat (is that still there?)

9415[/snapback]

I think it was called the Ratscallion or something like that. Not here anymore. Was in the Campus Center where all the restaurants/fast food places are now. I think it hit the road near when they upped the drinking age to 21.

9418[/snapback]

rathskeller

SYLLABICATION: raths·kel·ler

PRONUNCIATION: rätsklr, rt-, rth-

NOUN: A restaurant or tavern, usually below street level, that serves beer.

ETYMOLOGY: German Ratskeller, Rathskeller, restaurant in the city hall basement : German Rat, council, counsel (from Middle High German rt, from Old High German; see ar- in Appendix I) + German Keller, cellar (from Middle High German, from Old High German kellri, from Latin cellrium; see cellar).