UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Elliot Engleman or Alex Zampier?

Pretty sure Engelman verballed to Butler a couple of weeks ago. That Zampier info has been on the Insider site for quite a while. I'd guess it still applies but he's been offered by some CAA and up schools. Hopefully the home cooking will do the trick to get him to UA.

Supposedly Albany and Bing have offered Cole Dabney for next year. He's 6'10 and 260. He's seem interested in going to Army or a school in Texas. Not sure how current that info is anyway since things probably change quickly this time of year.

Here's a story on Lance Feurtado Jr.:

There's a tendency for public school players from Long Island to get somewhat lost in the shuffle. They don't always get an awful lot of recognition, but a couple of Division I prospects have emerged from Nassau and Suffolk County the past few years.

Consistent with this trend, Uniondale High School's Lance Feurtado, Jr. hadn't received a ton of exposure before the summer, but the 6-foot-5, 180 pound small forward made the most of his July playing opportunities and parlayed that into a few scholarship offers.

"My stock rose a bit down at the Peach Jam (with the Metro Hawks) and in Florida (at AAU Nationals and the Super Showcase)," said Feurtado. "I came off the bench during most of the games. My minutes were varied. I did what I could, and made some jump shots when I was in there."

Heading into the summer, Rider had shown some interest in Feurtado, but he hadn't received an overwhelming amount of attention otherwise. By the time July closed, there were some new schools in the hunt.

"I've got Drexel, Delaware, Albany, and Rider recruiting me," said Feurtado. "We're still having talks with Central Florida. Drexel, Albany, and Rider have offered. Delaware is getting ready to offer."

Lance visited Rider unofficially earlier in the summer. He will likely be back at that school's Lawrenceville, New Jersey, campus for an official visit this fall, as well as some others.

"I'll probably take an official visit to Drexel and an official visit to Rider," said Feurtado. "Albany, I'll probably take an official visit there, as well."

Feurtado lent some insight into what he is looking for in a college program and a university.

"Seeing who's coming back (for a team), seeing who they're recruiting," said Feurtado. "What the campus is like, what kind of education they have to offer. I'm interested in seeing if the team is like family, or if it's just a bunch of dudes playing basketball."

Feurtado is a fundamentally sound player who knows how to play. He can score off the drive and finish with either hand. He's a pretty reliable shooter to the arc, and a credible perimeter defender.

Lance played alongside Rhode Island-bound post Kahiem Seawright for Coach Tom Diana's Uniondale team this past season. The Knights were one of the top public school teams on Long Island.

Feurtado told us previously that he had scored 960 on the SAT.

I have been rather annouyed at how Scout.com is unable to follow up on some of these guys that they say Albany is after, I mean Elliot we all know went for Butler, the day of that announcement we land Yocum. IDK what the deal is and how these updates don't seem to happen, also it seems that anyone they say that we are going after seem never to land at UA, and the ones we land are unknown until the day of the verbal commitment. I have had this subscription for almost a year and I'm on the verge of cancelling it, so does anyone know a better recruiting site? Or am I better off staying with Scout or saving my money and cancelling?

If you like basketball overall keep your subscription. If you are only interested in the Danes cancel.

All the recruiting sites do a poor job with the Low -Low Mid Majors.

What you get is some token info, what they are halfway decent at (sometimes) is their databases when you here a name and you want to find something on him.

Good - Low to Low Mid Major info is very hard to get and what you do get on most sites likely is outdated, old info.

Anyone we land over 6'9" is basically going to be unlisted because at that size if they were touted we wouldn't have a shot at them. That doesn't mean that they're not going to be good, every once in awhile you get a prospect that develops a little later - ala Coppenrath (a diamond in the rough).