UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Danes sign another Hooper

I was just browsing and I came across this tidbit of info:

October 9, 2005

Albany adds wing shooter...

By Van Coleman van@hoopmasters.com

HOOPMASTERS reports.....

The Danes added a solid wing shooter from Ohio, in Reid Andersen from Lakewood St. Edward's.

The Great Danes received their second verbal commitment this fall from 6-5 185-pound Reid Andersen from Lakewood, OH.

Reid Andersen led St. Edward's scoring at 16.9 points, and averaged 6.4 boards and 4.2 assists an outing last winter. He shot 42% from beyond the arc and 82% from the foul line. He led Lakewood St. Edward's to a 19-5 record last year and a Sweet 16 appearance in the Ohio state Tourney.

Reid Andersen chose Albany over offers from Wright State, Vermont, and Morehead State.

He is going to have time to grow, offcourse he could be a completely different type of player then Levi, but I like his height 6'5 is good for a wing player.

So I think all we need to find now is a good point guard and another big guy. I like Yocum regardless if he is 6'8 or 6'9 is good start and can replace Knotts as a role player, and I like Andersen I really like his Free throw percentage 82% and he can get better. So far so good I'm glad to see the one year contract extension isn't preventing us from recruiting good solid players.

The good thing is that Reid Andersen has another year of HS and a summer to put on 10-15 good pounds.

Remember we have Brian Lillis, who now weighs more than Levi. Brian supposedly is 220+ and he can play the 3 if/when we need a little more beef at the 3.

Brian Lillis will be a very interesting and versatile player for the Danes over the next 3 seasons if he can avoid injuries.

Levi played alot at the 4 in his first 3 years. With the way the roster is developing our 4s are going to be 6'7+ most of the time. I would expect to see Brent Wilson at the 4 quite a bit this season. I saw him recently at one of our athletic events and he says he is 240 now. He looked much stronger and it appeared most of that was good weight in the upper body.

I think the Danes are finally with a full roster are evolving into a DI team with players recruited to meet special needs.

I don't know if Reid was one of them, but there were one, if not two, potential recruits visiting campus this past Friday. Coach Brown was with a student and then I saw Zo and Asst. Coach Eaton with I think a different kid as well. The one with Eaton was guard type size, maybe the 6'5" of Reid. Do we have a pic of him?

Really impressive that Brown and Co. find players who are good students who also appear to be good players.

For the good student part Anderson was nominated for the National Merit Scholar. St. Edwards is the same high school that Jawad Williams from UNC went to and has sent a bunch of other players to DI. They're generally one of the top ranked schools in Ohio and have been ranked in the top 25 nationally over the years. Anderson was also honorable mention all-state as a junior.

We'll know how players from PA (Yokum and Bauman), Ohio (Anderson), Illinois (Covington) and Iowa (Lillis and Wilson). That Cleveland State game is looking more and more like a recruiting trip in disguise.