UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

an honest question

Some final thoughts on the game - then it's time to let go

1. This is the second game where UA was exposed in the post. Vs. Florida, I assumed they were just a better team - now I think there is an issue that Brown has to address. San Diego State has an all conference power forward and UCLA is a big team - Brown only has a couple of days to make a plan.

2. The team is going to have bad shooting nights - they cannot get killed on the boards (that's so 2 years ago). Also, they can't have so many turnovers. On the radio feed, it sounded like every attempt at a bounce pass resulted in a turnover.

3. Imagine how Brown must feel - I am sure he saw McElroy today and I can imagine McElroy asking why he had the same problems vs. Sacred Heart as he had last year (if you remember some of McElroy's comments about intensity and winning the close games last year). Also, the team has two very tough games coming up before facing Siena - I'm sure Brown didn't sleep well last night.

4. IMO, for the next couple of days, Filien needs to take Zoellner, Covington and Graham and just work on post play - interior defense and getting the pass in the post and kicking it out.

That said, bring on San Diego State !

Our guards(Jamar, Iati, Seegers, Jordan) are scorers and not point(passing) guards!! They telegraph almost all entry passes and pass up a multitude of open men. That said--some of our big men have trouble with a pass that isn't telegraphed. The exception is Brent and Levi(if he can grasp control and stay in the game). I like the looks of Connelly, Covington, Graham and when Lillis gets his legs back, I think we will be all right. The league will be a dog fight and looks by early season scores to have tremendous parity from top to bottom.

PS--Siena is NOT going to be an automatic "W'!! and Sacred Heart is NOT going finish at the bottom of the NEC--remember, their best player(Henley) did not play against us.

Sacred Heart is a lot like us last year, no one expected them to do well but they will. I didn't want to say anything at the time before Mondays game but they did play well against Rhode Island only losing by 5 or 6 URI is usually a decent A-10 team. That’s still no excuse we could have, and should have won that game, they just didn't do what they needed to do. Siena will also not be a cake walk, there bitter about all the attention and the fact that we beat them badly last year similar to SH. I just hope that this Monday's game is the kick in the ass we needed early on. Personally I would much rather have us play like crap at the start and do well later on and win the conference, then blow out opponents in the OOC which in our league are basically meaningless games anyway. Mondays game was a kick in the butt game hopefully in the right direction, let’s see how it plays out ON Saturday.

Edited by B9j2j6s