UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

President's halftime comments

reeder

Yeah, Roy Williams wants to come to Albany.

I haven't heard what Pres. Hall said yet (hopefully the game will be OnDemand soon), but with the state of the team going into tonight's game and with people already calling for Brown's head this early in the season, those seem like pretty irresponsible comments-- based on what you wrote. I'm kind of surpirised to hear that from Pres. Hall, for whom I have the utmost respect.

However, I didn't see the interview, so I'm not sure of the context of the statement.

At halftime, Wyland interviewed Hall.  He made a comment that a good opportunity has presented itself for the athletics department and that it could be exciting (I forget the exact words).  I wonder what he was talking about.  Wyland didn't ask.

10891[/snapback]

I haven't heard what Pres. Hall said yet (hopefully the game will be OnDemand soon), but with the state of the team going into tonight's game and with people already calling for Brown's head this early in the season, those seem like pretty irresponsible comments-- based on what you wrote.  I'm kind of surpirised to hear that from Pres. Hall, for whom I have the utmost respect.

However, I didn't see the interview, so I'm not sure of the context of the statement.

At halftime, Wyland interviewed Hall.  He made a comment that a good opportunity has presented itself for the athletics department and that it could be exciting (I forget the exact words).  I wonder what he was talking about.  Wyland didn't ask.

10891[/snapback]

10896[/snapback]

Mother of g-d...what are they teaching in grad school these days. Steve...you seem like too nice of a guy to be GINZO and not read comments before diving into an empty pool. (the more you hang on the AE board you will understand.)

REEDER SAID FOR THE ATHLETIC DEPARTMENT....not the HOOP PROGRAM. Hall isnt stupid.

Let me say this....it probably has to do with one of the following:

1) Stadium- Unlikely...the opportunity is already there

2) America East Football- Much more likely

3) A CAA invitation- not out of the realm of possibility

My bet....its a combo of 2 and 3...and to be honest....I wouldnt be unhappy with any of the above.

Good to have you on board steve!!!! Keep the blog going.

You're right and as I said, I didn't see the interview. I think my only point was, if something's happening, just say it, instead of leaving everyone to speculate what it is he's talking about. That's all.

Grad school's teaching me quite a bit, glad to say :)

I haven't heard what Pres. Hall said yet (hopefully the game will be OnDemand soon), but with the state of the team going into tonight's game and with people already calling for Brown's head this early in the season, those seem like pretty irresponsible comments-- based on what you wrote.  I'm kind of surpirised to hear that from Pres. Hall, for whom I have the utmost respect.

10891[/snapback]

10896[/snapback]

Mother of g-d...what are they teaching in grad school these days. Steve...you seem like too nice of a guy to be GINZO and not read comments before diving into an empty pool. (the more you hang on the AE board you will understand.)

REEDER SAID FOR THE ATHLETIC DEPARTMENT....not the HOOP PROGRAM. Hall isnt stupid.

My bet....its a combo of 2 and 3...and to be honest....I wouldnt be unhappy with any of the above.

Good to have you on board steve!!!! Keep the blog going.

10897[/snapback]

for those who failed to hear the interview of President Hall by Rodger Wyland ...

"... I think this may turn out to be a very interesting moment for athletics at the University at Albany.  I think there are some opportunities that may be opening up for us, and it is going to take a lot of deliberation and thought, but i'm optimistic that we're going to be able to rise to the occasion." - UA President Kermit Hall

he went on to mention the "tremendous alumni support" for UA teams on the road (CA, NYC, ...) ... read his comments any way you'd like, but i will second the hopes of Dane96 ...

My bet....its a combo of 2 and 3...and to be honest....I wouldnt be unhappy with any of the above.  - Dane96

it will probably be a while before we hear any further news on the topic ... keep hopes high