UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Rich Margison

Seventh Leading scorer in school history but the leading scorer in ppg at 21ppg. He played just 67 Games.

Would be a modern day 3 or wing player - excellent from the perimeter and could also take it to the hoop. Slim but wiry strong. Shot over 50% for his career from the field.

I'm not one to judge who is "The Best" but I would say he was definitely one of the best UA players of all time (regardless of Division).

An absolutely clutch player on a team that won about eight games by 4 points or less, including their last, a 71-70 win over LeMoyne in the consolation of the team's first NCAA appearance (coming from about 20 pts. down); scoring average was accomplished before the 3-point shot and shot clock. Freshmen didn't play on the varsity at that time.

UA-B a possible OOC game next year?

If Margison wasn't Doc's favorite player over the 40 years, he was close. He was only 6-2 and played G-F. It would be interesting to see how he'd do with the present team and D-1 competition. He could shoot, but I'm not sure he'd be as good all around as he was against D-3 teams. He'd have found a way, however, not to lose the game against Siena this year.

The LeMoyne game was the consolation game of Albany's first NCAA post season appearance. At that time (1969-70) there was one tournament for Div II and III combined. Albany lost in the first game of the NE Regional to Wagner 109-64. They trailed the entire game, at one point 29-2.

LeMoyne, at home, lost to Montclair St. in their first game.

In the consolation game Albany trailed 70-60 with 1:06 to play. My recollection is that Margison scored some of the 11 points to win 71-70, but Jack Adams scored at least part of them.

That season Margison made winning baskets at the buzzer to win several games, including one against Brooklyn College and one against Cortland State. Somewhere there is a film of at least the Cortland State ending because I remember seeing it.

UAB would be a great OOC game for the Danes.

Wasn't Margison our one and only All-American? He is truly a great representative of the University. A truly great competitor but a very quiet, humble team player. Margison, like Gary Holway, did not benefit from the 3-point line or their records would be out of reach. In the back of my mind I think Rich Margison's dad may have also graduated from what we now call UA.

Wasn't Margison our one and only All-American?  He is truly a great representative of the University.  A truly great competitor but a very quiet, humble team player.  Margison, like Gary Holway,  did not benefit from the 3-point line or their records would be out of reach.    In the back of my mind I think Rich Margison's dad may have also graduated from what we now call UA.

11024[/snapback]

Nope...Jason Graber was another.