UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Cornell

The Big Red seem to have some talent including a big 6'6" guard in Lenny Collins. It looks like they've been all over the map in terms of how they've played though. Hung with Washington (87-71 loss) and Syracuse (67-62 loss) but also lost at Hartford (73-71), lost against Quinnipiac at home (55-45), and got demolished by (albiet a VERY good) Bucknell away (83-39).

I noticed that Cornell has a 6'9" F/C named Andrew Naeve from Bryant, Iowa. I can't imagine the upper-level Iowa HS level basketball scene to be too big(?), so I wonder if either Brent and/or Lillis have played against him anywhere in HS or AAU ball.

Should be another good game, hopefully the Danes keep up the strong defense as the Big Red have averaged only 61.8ppg. Let's bump our record against Ivy Leagues teams this year to above .500. As a note, Pomeroy has us favored by 10.

According to the story in the Ithaca Journal they got one of their big guys back a couple of games ago and have played better recently. Hopefully with the short turnaround from Saturday's game our depth can help out tonight. Also hopefully the distraction of the upcoming game against BU.

I generally don't make statements like this but Brian Connelly 19 tonight!

GoDanes is right on his game. It's Connelly's birthday today and he's 19 today. Just having a little fun.

I agree with you Reeder. This looks like a classic trap game. Hopefully those losses early in the season taught this team not to look past anybody.

They're certainly a strong passing/ball handling team, with almost 19 assists per game compared to our 12.5. Hopefully we can defend against it well as I think it was good ball movement that hurt us most last month against Siena. I wonder if we will use the press more (to break up the passing) or less (so we don't get burned by strong ball handling) than usual.

I was hoping with the 15 point halftime lead they would come out strong in the second half and put the game away so the starters could get some rest for BU. That was not to be as Lillis, Jamar and Brent all played more than 30 minutes. Kinda ugly win but I'll take it. Levi came up with some big shots and overall played really well.

Excellent job GoDanesGo with singing for Connelly's birthday. We could hear you up in 200 pretty well so I'm sure they heard you on the court. Also nice to meet Olddog last night at the game.

I thought there was a decent crowd there last night. Surprised to see only 1500 in the box score.

I think it would have been beneficial if some of the guys could get some rest....

Brian Lillis probably still has fresh legs.

Jamar is a work horse and probably can handle it for now.

Brent is the guy who needs rest he's a big guy who throughs his body around alot and that takes its toll.

The good thing was that Lu only played 16minutes and Zo 23 minutes.

Good to see Iati and Levi log 21 & 22 minutes respetively.

Covington(9) and Siggers(7) got some minutes and I'm hoping by tourney time that they are both playing 11 or 12 minutes a game, that will ensure us a deep rotation with alot of fresh legs.

I think it would have been beneficial if some of the guys could get some rest....     

Brian Lillis probably still has fresh legs.

Jamar is a work horse and probably can handle it for now.

Brent is the guy who needs rest he's a big guy who throughs his body around    alot and that takes its toll.

The good thing was that Lu only played 16minutes and Zo 23 minutes.

Good to see Iati and Levi log 21 & 22 minutes respetively.

Covington(9) and Siggers(7) got some minutes and I'm hoping by tourney time that they are both playing 11 or 12 minutes a game, that will ensure us a deep rotation with alot of fresh legs.

11117[/snapback]

Patch,

Good comments about the minutes our players are expending on the floor. I am very glad that the team has an extra day to rest before the BU game. Coach Brown blames himself for scheduling the Cornell game when he did, but perhaps the team would suffer more from a longer break than from the physical exertion last night. Time will tell.

As everyone knows, this next game is critical. I think it will be very similar to the game we had to play against Cornell. It will be low-scoring and concentrate on half-court offense/defense. It's interesting to read the comments made by BU players regarding their coach's philosophy on how he prepares the team. Thank goodness, we have learned somewhat how to play a more patient game.

Dane Pound,

Nice to meet you last night. Also glad your sweathshirt did not have much of an impact on our seating area last night. That being said, if it means the streak continues, so be it! And thanks again for monitoring this great forum.