UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Best Value School

McFan

Below is an article from the online version of the Capital District Business Review. The University move up nicely in the rankings but falls well short Bing. and Stony Brook.

UAlbany rated among best college values

The University at Albany came in 46th in Kiplinger's Personal Finance magazine's survey of best college values for public universities in the United States.

Other State University of New York campuses in the top 50 were Geneseo (7th), Binghamton (9th) and Stony Brook (35th).

"Each and every day we work very hard to ensure that students continue to have access to a very high-quality education at SUNY campuses," Chancellor John Ryan said.

Kiplinger's rated campuses on academic quality, cost and availability of financial aid.

During the magazine's last ratings, in 2003, UAlbany finished 81st.

this maybe my opinion, but i believe albany is a little more because of the research ability that this school has in comparison to binghamton, geneseo and stony brook. Stony Brook i know has some good research institutions...

i feel though as a research instititution, we are far ahead of those other SUNY schools.

just my opinion

just as a little joke...

When i went to go look at Binghamton 5 years ago for college, myself and my parents got lost in a corn field. I told them not to bother to stop, to rural for me. hahaha.

But yea, think about the stuff, hell, since i have been here for 4 years, what has gone up. New weather building, new nano-science building, wireless communication, the science library (built prior to me coming of course)...look what is being set to be built now: new business department building, new administration building, more nano-science buildings...

frankly, i dont think Stony Brook, Binghamton or Geneseo can match that at all COMBINED

I think UAlbany is lucky with the fact that we are located in Albany of course. State government rather have a research university in its own backyard to keep a better eye on etc...(catch my idea?)

Frankly, its clear why UAlbany cost a little more. The thing is, i think that 46th ranking is a solid one cause frankly, YOU GET MORE BANG FOR YOUR BUCK, in comparison to the other SUNY's.

just as a little joke...

When i went to go look at Binghamton 5 years ago for college, myself and my parents got lost in a corn field. I told them not to bother to stop, to rural for me.

11115[/snapback]

Familiar. Told my daughter two years ago that Geneseo was too remote for her taste. She insisted we look at it anyway ("it's only 1/2 hour from Rochester"). Around Waterloo told her there was another hour to go, she said turn around. But we continued so she could see the scenic view of the cow pastures from the Geneseo campus.

She's now at New Paltz, and happy where she is.