UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Iati

For the heck of it, I went back and looked at Iati's 3 point shooting since the UCLA game.

made attempted pct

siena 0 6 0.00%

cleveland 1 6 16.67%

harvard 1 4 25.00%

bing 1 2 50.00%

stony 1 4 25.00%

brown 1 4 25.00%

hartford 0 0 0.00%

maine 1 3 33.33%

cornell 1 3 33.33%

bu 1 5 20.00%

uvs 0 3 0.00%

uvm 0 2 0.00%

unh 2 3 66.67%

umbc 0 5 0.00%

total 10 50 20.00%

Iati shot 31% from the 3 point line as a freshman while playing 40 minutes per game and being one of the focal points for the other team. He shot 47% in the 6 games that he played last year.

Makes you wonder if there is an injury that we don't know about. Maybe it's confidence or technique? Whatever it is, his role is too important to this team. UA needs more production from the perimeter. Maybe Siggers assumes that role?

I think that defense is obviously important to winning, but I think that consistent perimeter shooting is as if not more important to this team. I know that Brent and Jamar provide this frequently, but that takes them away from their primary roles.

I think this will be the difference for the rest of the season. Not just Iati, but perimeter shooting in general.

reeder - I'm in total agreement.

High expectations for this season were mainly based on a potentially explosive offense with the return of ROY ( from a redshirt) Iati and the fire power of returning Second Team All AE Lucious Jordan.

For whatever reason both have had very disappointing seasons "SO FAR" - if they break out of their funk the Danes could still be very good.

Iati has had some great looks the past few games and not come through.

Lu shows glimpses of breaking out but nothing consistent.

Talking about offense who would ever have thought that Jamar, Brent and Iati would combine to shoot 2-28 including 1 of 17 for three and the Danes would win by a dozen. The Danes have atleast learned to hang in there on the Defensive end.

reeder -

I was looking to the same thing on Iati last night but ESPN gave me a page error and I want to bed.

I has similar thoughts about a potential injury but I think we would hear about something like that.

My only other thought is that back when he was the primary option, many of his shots were coming off the dribble. Now that there is more talent on the floor he has taking more catch and shoot shots. This can't be the only reason but it is a thought.

I agree the perimeter shooting needs to improve but I think to solve this they need to pass the ball to the post more often. Every game begins with a few passes into the Zoellner and then this part of the offence slowly disappears.

It doesn't need to be Zoellner but it does need to be more of an in and out game

reeder -

I was looking to the same thing on Iati last night but ESPN gave me a page error and I want to bed.

I has similar thoughts about a potential injury but I think we would hear about something like that.

My only other thought is that back when he was the primary option, many of his shots were coming off the dribble.  Now that there is more talent on the floor he has taking more catch and shoot shots.  This can't be the only reason but it is a thought.

I agree the perimeter shooting needs to improve but I think to solve this they need to pass the ball to the post more often.  Every game begins with a few passes into the Zoellner and then this part of the offence slowly disappears.

It doesn't need to be Zoellner but it does need to be more of an in and out game

11351[/snapback]

Personally I feel it can't be Zoellner. Once in a while is fine, when something is there. But his inability to catch the ball, offensive fouls, poor free throw shooting, and generally slowing down the O is not going to help.

Zoellner can be, and is a contributor on this team. Rebounds, defends, clogs the middle, put backs, etc. He unfortunately is just not a talented (outside of being 7'1") offensive player.

It was amazing to see the struggles from the outside last night. Teams are going to pack it in until Albany proves they can and will shoot it. It seems to be in Iati's head. I know he shot a handful last night but he also passed up some open looks that he never did before. If he is in the game and has an open look he has to shoot it. As the coach has said before he is a great shooter.

In fairness to Iati, he is often inserted in the game to run an out of bounds play and often gets an open shot and ---misses. Tough to jump up, run in and shoot. If his playing time increased his percentage would go up but the match ups for playing time are sometimes not there. I also agree that Iati, Lillis and sometime Levi and Brent are reluctant to pull the trigger. Zollner needs to stop banging when he has the ball offensively. He either fouls or draws a foul, neither are what we want. Plant your feet, go up strong and lay it in gently six inches down in the basket. His defense and rebounding is much improved and much more energetic.