UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Freshman Scoring

"professor"

You're right Iati is in a tough spot. It is extremely tough as a true freshman to be expected to run the show anf be one of the main scoring options. Jamar struglled a few times last year when asked to do both - ie the Vermont playoff game.

If Iati avg 13ppg it will be a great year and though he'll struggle this year at times, he will be the better for it next year. The one thing he has shown is that he is an awesome 3 pt shooter. He shootin over 40% from 3 and not getting any easy looks. With next years crew he'll handle the ball and make you pay dearly if you try to help off him.

If we had a healthy Jamar this year we'd be 3-2 and excited about the possibilities.

I just hope that fans have an understanding of Iati's situation and cut him some slack. The same could be said about Martin - give him some time.

Edited by Patch

Iati better score more than 13ppg because if he doesn't where are our points going to come from? I do not look forward to the nights when he doesn't score well.

Another thought: Will there be a new learning curve in 2004/2005 for Iati when Jamar is back and Luscious and Lillis etc. suit up and the shots, decisions etc. that are right for this year become wrong for next year?

I don't see a real problem.

Iati seems uncomfortable in the situation he's now in and will relish playing the point and getting good looks. Iati seems to be very team oriented.

Also remember the key worh next season is -

Depth at every position!!!

If a player like Iati struggles he can come out and have things explained, this year he has to play through them which is not good.

Can't agree more with being patient with Iati, Martin & Johnson. It's a huge jump from HS to D1--quickness, size & strength. As for LIU turnovers, did anyone else notice that several of them were travels(Iati at least 3) which can be called almost once a minute, especially against a visiting team. Probably not a difference in the outcome, but it would have been closer without the travel whistles.

I have liked what I've seen out of all 3 freshman this year. There are going to be some of these games out of them especially early. Jamar turned the ball over pretty frequently in the early stages of last season as well and got it under control after he had some games under his belt.

Don't know about the rest of you but I'd like to see St. Hillaire shoot a little more. He seems to have a real nice jump shot and can turn, face and just shoot over guys his size down low. I wouldn't mind seeing more of Johnson on the court as well. Seems it's a lot easier for Iati to score when Johnson is on the point.