UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

RPI

Dane96, why do you even start these threads? Let's win the league title and then see where we are. There's a lot of work to be done before that can be realized. At least half of your original come backs to yourself were true. Let's enjoy the season and see where the chips fall.

Siena Tony - not bitter at all - just remember "Figures lie and Liar figure"

RPI is basically a strength of schedule signifier, that's why the NCAA committee doesn't go over board with it. Actual victories are more important that's why 5th, 6th and 7th place teams in Major Conferences get in over 2nd place Mid Major teams.

For example Manhattan has a great RPI of 59 yet they best out of conference win they have is over 164.

Marist has a very solid RPI of 96 they did defeat St John's (103) other than that their best OOC win was over 237.

Much like UA's RPI is driven by how well Fla., UCLA and San Diego State does.

Good Luck tonight.

I hope your seat at the Pepsi is comfortable.

Are you one of the Siena fans that stay for 35 minutes win or lose or do you stay for the whole game.

I guess I started something. (I was wondering when someone was going to react.)

I simply found a bit of information that describes the situation as of now. It is nice to see a place right now where we get a little more consideration than Siena, so I posted the information.

I added a little "fuel to the fire," and if someone wants to accuse me of "flaming" then so be it.

To be fair, SienaTony has been a voice of reason on the Siena board when it comes to depicting UAlbany's current program realistically. I have seen several of his posts that have tempered the irrational comments of several of the Siena posters who just have no clue how far UAlbany has come in such a short time. SienaTony should really be commended for his attitude. And, on his own board, he also has a realistic picture of Siena's current program.

But now some of the discussion has become ridiculous. I posted one comment that describes one single situation as of this moment, and some people have gone off making unreasonable responses regarding strength of conference, etc.

Siena should be proud of what it has accomplished this season. It has made major progress, and it is beginning to turn its program around again, but it's no reason to knock someone else's program. As another poster pointed out, UAlbany has solid undeniable rights to brag on coming out of virtually nowhere. I, for one, am sick and tired of hearing how we have yet to enjoy a winning record. Albany bashers, make your comments now because as early as next week you will have no more reason to make that claim truthfully.

And I am going to enjoy the rest of this season, and, contrary to some other local posters, I plan to enjoy the next few seasons because this progress will not stop this year. Our program will continue to make noticeable progress for the foreseeable future.

Siena Tony the Spinmeister

Always enjoy your poorly conceived comments.

No matter what you say or think UA is building a program and isn't going to go away.

We are enjoying our growth and evidently you have issues because you have to come here trying to ruffle feathers because their is nothing of interest going on at Siena.

11452[/snapback]

Patchy why so bitter? I never said Albany wasn't building a program? I have the utmost respect for the Albany program and wish it nothing but the best, and I have never thought otherwise. In fact in searching for Siena's bracket buster opponent I came across the link that said Albany would have a TV game. All I did was come to this board and post the link. This is mid major basketball, some of you Albany whacks need to take a chill pill, All I’ve been is attacked by those of you too weak minded to put together a logical post. I'll be at my seat at the Pepsi tonight watching Siena take on yet another top 100 league foe... enjoy your bracket buster game!!!

11453[/snapback]

As the NCAA would say RPI is just one tool they use in the selection process. I don't think Manhattan is still in the top 100 without their best player. At the end of the year we will see if the NIT thinks Manhattan is in the top 100. Also at this point ESPN thinks Albany is worthy of a TV game while Manhattan is not. Perhaps they too take more than just the RPI into account.

Dane96, why do you even start these threads?  Let's win the league title and then see where we are.  There's a lot of work to be done before that can be realized.  At least half of your original come backs to yourself were true.  Let's enjoy the season and see where the chips fall.

11457[/snapback]

Because I was doing it in jest, though SienaT had to get all high and mighty. Because it is my right to do so and it gave me some enjoyment.

Dane96, why do you even start these threads?  Let's win the league title and then see where we are.  There's a lot of work to be done before that can be realized.  At least half of your original come backs to yourself were true.  Let's enjoy the season and see where the chips fall.

11457[/snapback]

Because I was doing it in jest, though SienaT had to get all high and mighty. Because it is my right to do so and it gave me some enjoyment.

11465[/snapback]

I agree , It is fun to push Siena T buttons and for him to get all high and mighty.

And I love how 1 OT game on December 3rd determines who is better for the whole season. It is as if Siena fans can't comprehend that some teams improve as the season goes along (UA with Lillis healthy and the recent contributions from Siggers) while others do not due to injures or other factors.(Manhattan)

I agree , It is fun to push Siena T buttons and for him to get all high and mighty.

And I love how 1 OT game on December 3rd determines who is better for the whole season. It is as if Siena fans can't comprehend that some teams improve as the season goes along (UA with Lillis healthy and the recent contributions from Siggers) while others do not due to injures or other factors.(Manhattan)

11466[/snapback]

Good points, bob87,

I think someone has been a little oversensitive. Sometimes that happens when one feels a little insecure.

I posted the information as a little joke - sort of tongue-on-cheek. I certainly did not mean to start a big argument about it.

Edited by olddog71

Much to the disdain of '73, I will continue my good natured ribbing of Siena. We are now 21 RPI spots ahead of them, sitting at 143. If we could somehow pull off a miracle and win....oh never mind.

I posted because 21 is my lucky number.