UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

RPI

Ummm....will someone do the honors, for some midweek humor. I think a posting on the Siena board is appropriate today. Seems as though there RPI is dragging us down (OK...not really.)

As of today, the preppies are five notches below UA, sitting at 150 while we are at 145. I am sure we will get some great responses such as:

"we dominated you on the court."

"your a one man show."

"does your coach have an extension yet?"

"McElroy is a racist because he hasnt signed Brown yet."

"How many championships have you won?"

"How many winning seasons have you had?"

"Albany is a dumb school"

"The AE is the 5th worst conference...good luck and welcome to the play in game"

"If it wasnt for Lanier, Albany would be an after thought."

And on, and on, and on.....

Just to add some more fuel to the fire.

I just checked the site where possible matchups in the NCAA tourney is listed, and Siena isn't listed as a possible seed.

http://www.bracketography.com/

We are still bracketed as a 15th seed, and despite all the rhetoric about how the MAAC is such a superior conference to just about everybody else in the country, it still gets only one spot: Iona as a 13th. The MAAC still receives only one place in the 64-seed pairings. Oh, yes, Manhattan is listed as on the bubble, but I am sure that they will disappear soon with the departure of CJ Anderson, who has academic problems.

Now I am very aware of Albany's tenuous position in this chase for the conference title and the opportunity to go to the Big Dance, but for the moment I am going to enjoy this good feeling.

Ummm....will someone do the honors, for some midweek humor.  I think a posting on the Siena board is appropriate today.  Seems as though there RPI is dragging us down (OK...not really.)

As of today, the preppies are five notches below UA, sitting at 150 while we are at 145.  I am sure we will get some great responses such as:

"your a one man show."

"The AE is the 5th worst conference...good luck and welcome to the play in game"

11420[/snapback]

What’s your point that Albany is a better team..ummmmmm no I don’t think so

Ummm....will someone do the honors, for some midweek humor.  I think a posting on the Siena board is appropriate today.  Seems as though there RPI is dragging us down (OK...not really.)

As of today, the preppies are five notches below UA, sitting at 150 while we are at 145.  I am sure we will get some great responses such as:

"your a one man show."

11420[/snapback]

What’s your point that Albany is a better team..ummmmmm no I don’t think so

11430[/snapback]

Damn...I didn't think of that response. My point, was predictability my friend, predictability.

Edited by Dane96

Guess it wasn’t that predictable since you didn’t get it… guess the truth is hard to accept sometimes for you Dane fans ;-)

As for what difference does a 1 bid conference make, well first off a 12 or 13 seed wins a NCAA game almost every year, a 15 seldom does and 16 never does. Basically as a 15 or 16 seed is fodder for a top 10 team.. and hey don’t get me wrong, I think its great just to make the NCAA’s…. the other nice thing about A better conference RPI is the NIT, the MAAC will get at least 2 teams maybe 3 teams into the NIT, not to mention because the MAAC RPI is better if Iona ( current RPI 45) gets upset they not only would be a lock for the NIT they stand a decent chance of getting an NCAA at large. If Albany loses in the AE tournament your season is over..No at large and definitely no NIT, in fact no AE team will even sniff the NIT

Guess it wasn’t that predictable since you didn’t get it…  guess the truth is hard to accept sometimes for you Dane fans ;-)

As for  what difference does a 1 bid conference  make, well first off a 12 or 13 seed  wins a  NCAA game almost every year, a 15  seldom does and 16 never does.  Basically as a 15 or 16  seed is fodder for a top 10  team.. and hey don’t get me wrong, I think its great just to make the NCAA’s…. the other nice thing about  A better conference RPI is the  NIT, the MAAC will get  at least 2 teams maybe 3 teams into the NIT, not to mention because the MAAC RPI is better if Iona ( current RPI 45)  gets upset they not only would be a lock for the NIT they stand a  decent chance of getting an  NCAA at large. If Albany loses in the AE tournament your season is over..No at large and definitely no NIT, in fact no AE team will even sniff the NIT

11432[/snapback]

You know it has gotten bad as a fan when you don't even argue for your team anymore, now you just compare the conference because your team is not the best in the conference...as I believe ours is!!! Also, please don't use an argument relating to the "Not Important Tournament", congratualtions to the MAAC for getting two seeds into a tournement that no one cares about, meanwhile our Danes are right in the hunt for a ticket to the real dance, not the JV dance.

Siena Tony come up for air and offer us some of your wisdom......

3 teams in the NIT for the MAAC???? That means the top 4 teams would go post season which would be great for the MAAC.

If Iona (currently 1st) wins the conference..... - NCAA

Manhattan(now 2nd) has no shot unless Manhattan is the type of school that finds a way to make CJA eligible

Marist(now 3rd) is solid

Albany is 12-8 and 145 RPI if Albany doesn't have a shot for the NIT which I think is correct, why would St Peters and Loyola?????

St Peters (now 4th)is 9-10 and 140 RPI

Loyola is (now 5th) 11-7 143 RPI

Guess it wasn’t that predictable since you didn’t get it…  guess the truth is hard to accept sometimes for you Dane fans ;-)

As for  what difference does a 1 bid conference  make, well first off a 12 or 13 seed  wins a  NCAA game almost every year, a 15  seldom does and 16 never does.  Basically as a 15 or 16  seed is fodder for a top 10  team.. and hey don’t get me wrong, I think its great just to make the NCAA’s…. the other nice thing about   A better conference RPI is the  NIT, the MAAC will get   at least 2 teams maybe 3 teams into the NIT, not to mention because the MAAC RPI is better if Iona ( current RPI 45)  gets upset they not only would be a lock for the NIT they stand a  decent chance of getting an  NCAA at large. If Albany loses in the AE tournament your season is over..No at large and definitely no NIT, in fact no AE team will even sniff the NIT

11432[/snapback]

You know it has gotten bad as a fan when you don't even argue for your team anymore, now you just compare the conference because your team is not the best in the conference...as I believe ours is!!! Also, please don't use an argument relating to the "Not Important Tournament", congratualtions to the MAAC for getting two seeds into a tournement that no one cares about, meanwhile our Danes are right in the hunt for a ticket to the real dance, not the JV dance.

11437[/snapback]

You re kidding right, Siena has come back from the pits and you say things have gotten bad? I couldn’t be happier, add in the fact Siena should be a post season team next season and I’m ecstatic

As for the NIT... Considering Albany has never been to post season... opps make that never even had a winning record I guess you wouldn’t understand the NIT. And it wasn't me comparing the conferences it was one of your astute posters on this board. As for the rest of your smack post….. I guess that’s just sour grapes from the loss you received at the Pepsi or maybe its insecurity since Albany hasn’t beaten anyone this year with a RPI under 189 and 9 of your wins are over teams among the bottom 75 teams in all of Division one.

11432[/snapback]

11437[/snapback]

As for the NIT... Considering Albany has never been to post season... opps make that never even had a winning record I guess you wouldn’t understand the NIT. And it wasn't me comparing the conferences it was one of your astute posters on this board. As for the rest of your smack post….. I guess that’s just sour grapes from the loss you received at the Pepsi or maybe its insecurity since Albany hasn’t beaten anyone this year with a RPI under 189 and 9 of your wins are over teams among the bottom 75 teams in all of Division one.

11442[/snapback]

It didn't take long...and I got most of them, almost to a T. You Siena guys are funny. Hey, the Wall got pulled down, the USSR does not exist, a peanut farmer became President, etc.....

Wake up, Wake up, my Siena friends.

Siena Tony come up for air and offer us some of your wisdom......

3 teams in the NIT for the MAAC???? That means the top 4 teams would go post season which would be great for the MAAC.

If Iona (currently 1st) wins the conference..... - NCAA

Manhattan(now 2nd) has no shot unless Manhattan is the type of school that finds a way to make CJA eligible

Marist(now 3rd) is solid

Albany is 12-8 and 145 RPI if Albany doesn't have a shot for the NIT which I think is correct, why would St Peters and Loyola?????

St Peters (now 4th)is 9-10 and 140 RPI

Loyola is (now 5th) 11-7 143 RPI

11441[/snapback]

Ok Patchy Girl I'll school you once again

Manhattan has a RPI of 59, they could go .500 the rest of the season and still have an RPI inside the top 100… I think they have a pretty decent shot at the NIT don't you? Marist is playing well with a 12 and 6 record and RPI of 98 they plus a marquee win over St john’s, barring a collapse Marist has to be considered a very attractive NIT candidate

. And to correct you Patchy I said at least two maybe 3, the third team would be either Loyola or SPC although both would have to have a good last third of the season and once again I’ll mention almost everyone Marist, Loyola, SPC plays are top 200 teams, you don’t have the RPI drag you have in the AE. Where you have 7 teams rated over 200 and a unbelievable 5 teams over a 250 RPI.

And O yea I told you Albany guys after Siena beat you that Ualb would be fine once you started playing teams down at your level..looks like I was right there also

Was that slow enough for you to understand patch?

Edited by SienaTony

Awaken the sleeping biggest (in size not enthusiasm) Purple Fan (formerly of Section 650)

Normally I don't post here because it is not my style bit I am so sick of the bullSiena on this topic...

Who cares about Siena except the one night a year that they drag us downtown like we are some Albany step children? When in fact it is the opposite, we are the Albany home team they are the visitor from the suburbs.

Previous poster pointed out the "NIT" factor. I agree it is the JV tourney and who really cares. Tony is still lamenting the departure of Lanier and can't make arguments about his team so now it makes it about the conference.

WHO CARES???

I don't, I have made it clear that Albany is BUILDING a program and we will get an autobid within the next 3 years. Comparing a 'rebuilding' team to one building a program from scratch makes zero sense.

My conference RPI is bigger than your conference RPI, blah, blah, blah....

The only thing good about Siena is seeing them in the rear view mirror on the Northway...

Go back to Loudonville Tony!

See you next year!

SSS

Good work Tony, now you have awoken a monster, my last memory of JonUA97 this fired up related to UAlbany/Siena hoops one of you rowdy, drunk Siena representatives mouthed off at the annual contest about 3 years ago....all I will say is that I have never actually seen someone thrown up a flight of stairs before. Please do us all a favor and go back to Loudonville, do you really have nothing better to do with your time then sit on our message board and critique our team? Not like I have been following Siena beacuse I really don't care but there has to be enough wrong with your team to keep you occupied on your own board.

Siena Tony the Spinmeister

Always enjoy your poorly conceived comments.

No matter what you say or think UA is building a program and isn't going to go away.

We are enjoying our growth and evidently you have issues because you have to come here trying to ruffle feathers because their is nothing of interest going on at Siena.

Siena Tony the Spinmeister

Always enjoy your poorly conceived comments.

No matter what you say or think UA is building a program and isn't going to go away.

We are enjoying our growth and evidently you have issues because you have to come here trying to ruffle feathers because their is nothing of interest going on at Siena.

11452[/snapback]

Patchy why so bitter? I never said Albany wasn't building a program? I have the utmost respect for the Albany program and wish it nothing but the best, and I have never thought otherwise. In fact in searching for Siena's bracket buster opponent I came across the link that said Albany would have a TV game. All I did was come to this board and post the link. This is mid major basketball, some of you Albany whacks need to take a chill pill, All I’ve been is attacked by those of you too weak minded to put together a logical post. I'll be at my seat at the Pepsi tonight watching Siena take on yet another top 100 league foe... enjoy your bracket buster game!!!