UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Most athletic

Who is the most athletic on the current roster? I think if we got some players that had the capability to do some highlight reel type stuff; it would help to put the casual fans into the seats. I think as of right now the most athletic and best dunker on the team is Siggers. Our team IMHO just isn’t built for that type of game, no put back dunks no reverse jams nothing. Am I wrong?

I will expand if you dont mind, although I in no way represent the opinion of alum73 or anyothers....

While put back jams are cool to watch and can get the fans off their seat and on to their feet, I think the best way for the program to put fans in the seats is to keep winning, one big jam a game in a losing season doesn't do much, but something like an undefeated home record with NO jams will absolutley put people in the seats.

I will expand if you dont mind, although I in no way represent the opinion of alum73 or anyothers....

While put back jams are cool to watch and can get the fans off their seat and on to their feet, I think the best way for the program to put fans in the seats is to keep winning, one big jam a game in a losing season doesn't do much, but something like an undefeated home record with NO jams will absolutley put people in the seats.

14166[/snapback]

I wasn’t making the point that we should be a team all about showing up opposing clubs etc. There is no denying that exciting brand of basketball puts the “casual” fan into the seats, the diehard guys like you and I will be there regardless of the brand of basketball. I’m not saying that UA plays boring basketball, actually far from it. We push it on the brake with Jamar and get out into the open court. I guess what I was asking is who is the most athletic/best dunker on the team?

What do you think about Siggers? I think he has some skills; good handle on the ball slashes to the rim, nice outside shot, great defense. It just seemed at time last year he was a little unsure of his role on the team. He was a starter caliber player but was relegated to coming off the bench because of existing pieces already being in place. I’m looking for a nice year from him come next year, since he will probably be in the starting lineup and can get some consistent playing time to get off on the right foot.

Most Athletic on the court... Siggers

Physically most capable of playing at a BCS school...Lillis

Stud in the weight room...??? Brent? Covington?

Most improved off-season '05...Brent

Most improved in-season 05/06...Connelly

What do you think about Siggers?  I think he has some skills; good handle on the ball slashes to the rim, nice outside shot, great defense.  It just seemed at time last year he was a little unsure of his role on the team.  He was a starter caliber player but was relegated to coming off the bench because of existing pieces already being in place.  I’m looking for a nice year from him come next year, since he will probably be in the starting lineup and can get some consistent playing time to get off on the right foot.

14169[/snapback]

I too am looking for a big (break-out) season for Siggers, if he plays to potential he could easily fill in the shoes of Jordan. He can shoot, as UConn well knows, and he can handle the rock and take it to the hoop. He is an all around good player. My only question is where in the starting line-up does he fit? I see Jamar and Lillis in the back court, does Siggers have the size to play in the SF or are we going to be a 3 guard team next year?

What do you think about Siggers?  I think he has some skills; good handle on the ball slashes to the rim, nice outside shot, great defense.  It just seemed at time last year he was a little unsure of his role on the team.  He was a starter caliber player but was relegated to coming off the bench because of existing pieces already being in place.  I’m looking for a nice year from him come next year, since he will probably be in the starting lineup and can get some consistent playing time to get off on the right foot.

14169[/snapback]

I too am looking for a big (break-out) season for Siggers, if he plays to potential he could easily fill in the shoes of Jordan. He can shoot, as UConn well knows, and he can handle the rock and take it to the hoop. He is an all around good player. My only question is where in the starting line-up does he fit? I see Jamar and Lillis in the back court, does Siggers have the size to play in the SF or are we going to be a 3 guard team next year?

14172[/snapback]

He is listed as 6’4” and 190lb, so in my opinion he is a bit undersized to play the 3. But Lucious was even shorter (listed at 6’2” 207lb) so I think Siggers starting at the 3 is a no brainer. I think that we are rail thin at the 3, who plays that position when Siggers sits? We would have to go to a 3 man back court or throw Reid in there who is listed as 6’5” but he’s only a freshman. No doubt that Brown will have to address the SF position and then the PG spots either with the last scholarship this year or in the upcoming recruiting class.

I really think we are going to see Jamar more at the point next year to prepare him for his professional career. This frees up Lillis to play more at the 3. Even if Lillis is playing the point on offense, I think we will see him defending more of the opponent's #3's.

Here is the dept chart as I see it. When you look at the starting line-up you could look at is as listed below or you could look at it as Jamar #1, Siggers #2, Lillis #3 which is the way you will see it defensively.

#1 Lillis, Jamar, Iati, Knight

#2 Jamar, Iati, Knight, Siggers

#3 Siggers, Lillis, Anderson, Connelly

#4 Brent, Connelly, Yocum, Covington

#5 Gifford, Covington, Yocum, Connelly