UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Question for SienaTony

I have no inside information, I’ll see what I can find out.

From my point of view I don’t see how Siena or Albany could end the series, it’s been a tremendous success for both schools. Both Siena and Albany get all kinds of exposure with newspaper and TV stories in the days leading up to the game. Siena gets a big crowd and Albany gets to showcase their program and players in front of 10,000 local fans. Sure sounds like a win-win situation to me

Patch I'm not sure how the profit sharing goes, but I was led to believe that Alb keeps a good share if not all the revenue from the tickets they sell, is that correct? If not they certainly should. I’m sure they can come up with a equitable profit sharing arrangement. I don’t think at this point it should be 50-50 or anything like that since Siena has over 4,000 season ticket holders, but by the same token Alb should make a good buck on the game IMO, with 10,000 tickets should be plenty of cash for everyone

SienaTony - I really don't know about what share UA gets from the tickets they sell - but I agree with you that when UA becomes a very competitive club the Pepsi will sell out and at that time UA should get a solid piece of the action and by no means do I think it should be as high as 50/50.

It is and would be even a greater game for the community if the Pepsi sold out. If UA becomes competitve selling out the Pepsi would be automatic - Siena Fans already do their part.

Regarding Profit Sharing

My understanding is that UA gets to keep the proceeds from it's ticket sales and that's it. I don't think they sell many tickets - most are given out to students. I think last year they allocated 1500 per quad.

Also, Siena needs to continue the series as much as UA in order to keep their average attendance up.

Definitely the continuation of this series is crucial to all involved. Pepsi Arena was built with the hope of developing a major sports attraction. Minor league sports have failed in doing that as UAlbany/Siena game has turned into the gem they were hoping to create. As you fans have mentioned, it should only get bigger & better w/ both teams getting many benefits from it.