UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Albany-Lehigh Thread Score

FWIW - Singelais has two front page sports section articles today as he covered the Forego and the Woodward (which Funny Cide ran in) at Saratoga. While i surely am highly prejudiced, i think if there was a poll of Times Union subscribers as to what they considered a more significant sports story between Funny Cide running in the first Woodward Stakes to be run at Saratoga, or UAlbany football at Lehigh, the results would be lopsided. So, while i have many issues with Times Union choices of coverage (as a high school football fan, i thought Friday was the worst opening day coverage i have ever seen), I can't fault sending Singelais to Saratoga.

I also note the the University has taken a half page ad in today's print edition promoting next Saturday's game vs Fordham and fireworks to follow. Fair or unfair, sometimes you have to pay to get your coverage and I'm glad the University realizes it.

Now, totally unrelated to anything, i watched the Ballston Spa - Albany High game yesterday and saw something i had never seen at any level. Ballston Spa ran a fake dive and sweep play. The fake was so good that when the Albany High defense tackled the guy without the ball, the ref blew the whistle, while the actual ball carrier was just turning the corner and headed for a sizeable gain.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've come to the conclusion that the TU is worthless for sports coverage. No reason to worry about it anymore.

Maybe we should focus our attention on the Gazzette. This may be an opportunity for the Gazzette to take some subscribers away from the TU.

Plus the beat writers at the Gazzette were always more knowledgeable then Singleas when I played anyway.