UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Stony Brook... Don't leave us behind!

It's football season and work is slow so I'm focusing on my beloved UAlbany football. I don't always have that luxury.

I found this article that Stony Brook will be a football independent next year AND giving full scholarships. Once again Albany is left behind. How are we going to be able to complete with Stony Brook or are we? Our progress since 1973 has been to return to playing schools we played in 1973, that's progress? First Buffalo moved up and now Stony Brook is moving up and leaving us behind... what about us? Kennesaw State, here in my backyard in Atlanta, didn't even exist a few years ago and I guarantee they'll pass us too. What is going on with Albany???? I think I need a new passion... maybe I can be a Stony Brook fan? (joking!)

http://i-aa.org/article.asp?articleid=77675

It's football season and work is slow so I'm focusing on my beloved UAlbany football.  I don't always have that luxury. 

I found this article that Stony Brook will be a football independent next year AND giving full scholarships.  Once again Albany is left behind.  How are we going to be able to complete with Stony Brook or are we?  Our progress since 1973 has been to return to playing schools we played in 1973, that's progress?  First Buffalo moved up and now Stony Brook is moving up and leaving us behind... what about us?  Kennesaw State, here in my backyard in Atlanta, didn't even exist a few years ago and I guarantee they'll pass us too.  What is going on with Albany????  I think I need a new passion... maybe I can be a Stony Brook fan? (joking!)

http://i-aa.org/article.asp?articleid=77675

16718[/snapback]

Relax...there isnt a soul around that believes this is a good idea. Chuck Priore (our beloved alumn), the SBU head coach, was against the move.

SBU doesnt have the OVERALL athletic profile to get an invite to any league right now. They are going to toil as an independent (getting stomped along the way) for a long, long time...or come back to the NEC. Further, I think many in our ADept are truly pissed at SBU because in someways we ARE attached at the hip and this was a blindsided move.

It is easier to sell a recruit on a conference...then as bedouin who has NO HOPE of a playoff bid. At least in the NEC...there is some hope.

This is all about a Napolean like charge by Fiore at AD...and it is wraught with disaster!

Additionally (and as a former non-football recruit at Buffalo) I have given you insight, numbersm and hard data as WHY THAT IS A COMPLETE DISASTER RIGHT NOW!

Edited by Dane96

The use of bedouin in your post brought that from a very good post to a great one. Dr. McElroy and Fiore are taking different paths to hopefully get to the same place eventually. When the two of them split in opinion I'm going with Dr. McElroy every time.

The use of bedouin in your post brought that from a very good post to a great one. Dr. McElroy and Fiore are taking different paths to hopefully get to the same place eventually. When the two of them split in opinion I'm going with Dr. McElroy every time.

16723[/snapback]

I can't agree more with this post. It is clear that Lee has the vision to move this program forward. I must admit the loss of Kermit Hall is huge. I hope that when we find a new President he has the same vision as Lee to take this program forward.

Let's face it, without a conference SBU is going to be in Deep Scoobie Poop. I can't imagine what kind of scheduling nightmare that will be. How many home games are you going to get late in the season in Stony Brook, NY?

Shirley Strum has a different leadership style and she lets her AD push her around (IMHO), there is no way that any sane President would let this happen.

Like Siena...

Stony Brook Still Sucks!