UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

NJ Tech X 2

I'm not one to praise the progress made by the Danes by the diminishing the stature of Loudenville.

But seeing the Sagarin ratings in today's USA College Basketball insert, where NJ Tech is next to last can't go without mention. Despite the sprinkling of impressive contests their schedule, how can they possibly justify the double dip with the NJTechsters? Don't they have any shame?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not one to praise the progress made by the Danes by  the diminishing the stature of Loudenville.

But seeing the Sagarin ratings in today's USA College Basketball insert, where NJ Tech is next to last can't go without mention. Despite the sprinkling of impressive contests their schedule, how can they possibly justify the double dip with the NJTechsters? Don't they have any shame?

17214[/snapback]

Nobody was happy with the scheduling of NJIT twice. However it should be pointed out that Siena is playing at Stanford, at Maryland, at Holy Cross, and at Buffalo. They are hosting Albany, Hofstra, and very possibly a highly rated foe in the Bracketbuster series.

Not to mention next year, they host Stanford, St. Joe's, Albany, and Holy Cross.

Lets talk about the Siena-Albany teams, other than Jamar who on Albany would start for Siena? :-)

I'm not one to praise the progress made by the Danes by  the diminishing the stature of Loudenville.

17214[/snapback]

Nobody was happy with the scheduling of NJIT twice. However it should be pointed out that Siena is playing at Stanford, at Maryland, at Holy Cross, and at Buffalo. They are hosting Albany, Hofstra, and very possibly a highly rated foe in the Bracketbuster series.

Not to mention next year, they host Stanford, St. Joe's, Albany, and Holy Cross.

Lets talk about the Siena-Albany teams, other than Jamar who on Albany would start for Siena? :-)

17216[/snapback]

You're kidding...right? Dont make me bring you back to reality.

. . . Not to mention next year, they host Stanford, St. Joe's, Albany, and Holy Cross.  . . .

17216[/snapback]

I haven't heard anything yet about UAlbany's schedule in 2007-08. And I certainly haven't come across any news at all about a UAlbany-Siena game next season, presumably to be played early, that is, in the fall of 2007.

From what I know, the current contract between UAlbany and Siena ends this year. I'm not aware of any automatic extensions.

From which source did you receive your info regarding future games beyond the season about to begin?

. . . Not to mention next year, they host Stanford, St. Joe's, Albany, and Holy Cross.  . . .

17216[/snapback]

I haven't heard anything yet about UAlbany's schedule in 2007-08. And I certainly haven't come across any news at all about a UAlbany-Siena game next season, presumably to be played early, that is, in the fall of 2007.

From what I know, the current contract between UAlbany and Siena ends this year. I'm not aware of any automatic extensions.

From which source did you receive your info regarding future games beyond the season about to begin?

17219[/snapback]

I assume the series will continue, even if the contract ends after this year. Both ADs have said they want the series between Albany and Siena to continue will both programs growing strong.

Seriously, I want to hear, other than Jamar who on Albany starts on Siena?

I'm think I'm starting to catch on here. Aints fans said they would never play an Albany-$iena game in the RACC..the current contract for this series is up after this year..the RACC changes its name to SEFCU Arena..soooo a new deal will allow the Aints to remain true to their pledge of not playing in the RACC while we finally get a home game in the series! :P

17216[/snapback]

17219[/snapback]

I assume the series will continue, even if the contract ends after this year. Both ADs have said they want the series between Albany and Siena to continue will both programs growing strong.

17220[/snapback]

Brent Wilson

17220[/snapback]

Brent Wilson over David Ryan is one right off the bat.

I'd take Lillis over Hasbrook on the Danes team, because he fills the need a bit better I think..but I'd understand why the Aints would pick Kenny. Just a matter of who compliments the strengths and weaknesses of their team at the point spot.

If Siggers (I'm assuming he'll start at the 3) continues the play he did in the second half of this past season, I'd pick him over Ubiles at this point..mainly because he's just a frosh and hasn't proven anything yet. If Ubiles comes through like some are predicting/hoping, that could obviously change.

17220[/snapback]

I'd take Lillis over Hasbrook on the Danes team, because he fills the need a bit better I think..but I'd understand why the Aints would pick Kenny. Just a matter of who compliments the strengths and weaknesses of their team at the point spot.

If Siggers (I'm assuming he'll start at the 3) continues the play he did in the second half of this past season, I'd pick him over Ubiles at this point..mainly because he's just a frosh and hasn't proven anything yet. If Ubiles comes through like some are predicting/hoping, that could obviously change.

17223[/snapback]

Lillis over Kenny? Pass the kool-aid... :-)

I'd say Brent Wilson and Ryan are a wash...

Ubiles is talented but unproven yes but what has Siggers done?

And of course, Haddix at center..

17214[/snapback]

The only good thing about NJIT is that they don't count in the RPI, so their expected horrible record does not have any effect on Siena's RPI or the MAAC's.

17220[/snapback]

17223[/snapback]

17224[/snapback]

If you believe Wilson and Ryan are a wash, your nuts. I'd say, the teams he has torched...would say the same.

While not a back to the basket player...this is a potential AE first teamer...and a very...very good ball player.

If you need to ask what Siggers has done, apparently you have not watched any games from the second half of last season...when Brown FINALLY started the kid and/or gave him solid off the bench minutes....he was an enegizer bunny who, at times, could light it up.

As for potential, heck, I think after a few games....ROSS could start at Siena. The kid played in 25 games for Fresno State....and is more than likely the most athletic player on either team.

17214[/snapback]

The only good thing about NJIT is that they don't count in the RPI, so their expected horrible record does not have any effect on Siena's RPI or the MAAC's.

17225[/snapback]

Ummm..since when do transitional teams not have an effect on RPI? Seriously...not busting chops...just curious. A DII does not count...but any team in DI, i thought, counts.

17224[/snapback]

Your question is who'd start on the teams, not who might be the best overall player. As I said, Kenny would start for you but I'd want Lillis here. We have plenty of scoring, so wouldn't need our point to do much of that where you guys do. I'll take the kid with a high bball IQ to run our offense and at 6'5" with his energy on defense, he's exactly what we need for the position...where Kenny is what you need for yours.

Brent and Ryan being a wash?..talk about kool-aid, haha.

Siggers of the second half of the season was pretty impressive. Tough to guard as a 3..put a bigger guy on him and he blows by..a smaller guard and he's just too strong. VERY clutch..with his althleticism he plays tall (rebounding wise) and he's strong from downtown with 41% for the season and (indicating his second half improvement) 45% during conference play. Ubiles has done nothing at this point since he's a frosh, Siggers has shown some high quality play.

Obviously Haddix at center..hopefully Gifford can show some promise this season and develop during his years here.

17220[/snapback]

17223[/snapback]

17224[/snapback]

Please don't take anything mts says as representative of Siena's more realistic fans.

Jamar Wilson, Haddix, Hasbrouck and Brent Wilson are the 4 best players between the two teams, #5 starter would be based on preference. Personally, I'd go with Lillis as he isn't a guy that needs the ball to be effective. (And with those 4, there wouldn't be a whole lot of shots up for grabs.)

The Albany/Siena game should be a very interesting match up this year, Siena has no one to match up with Jamar Wilson, UAlbany has no one to match up with Haddix ... it's going to be a battle to see which team gets to dictate the tempo and style of play as well as which teams supporting players step up.

I would be shocked if Siena agreed to continue the series if UAlbany holds out for a home game at the "Q". Sorry, but what makes the game attractive to Siena is the crowd the game generates at the Pepsi, UAlbany's home court

Quackman...astute observations!!!

I was going to really rip into MTS...but I am feeling very Santa like today.

As for the Albany-Siena series, I dont think anyone wants the game at the Q (though it would be great) simply because....this is a game that needs the Pepsi's size. In 5 years...this will be constant sell-out.

What I do think, however, needs to happen is that both teams share the gate and this becomes a neutral site game (though it is in the building you play in). The sharing of the gate is most likely an issue, along with equal access to tickets for the fan bases of each team (e.g. the schools get enough tickets for their respective season ticket holders and the rest go on sale to the public at-large, with the schools getting, let's say 1000 seats more each, to disseminate as they see fit.)

Finally, I dont think the Uni issue is much of a big deal because we wear solid colors (yellow home, black away...though I thought a rule existed that all teams had to wear white at home this year). The color of the jersey is meaningless to the guys....it is access to tickets and the gate.

I think that....is a fair way to define the series now. Remember, it was all Siena pulling in the gate (as in their fans filling the barn). Now, you can arguably say at least a 1/3, if not more of the fans are UA fans as well. This is equal oppty.

Archived