UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

NJ Tech X 2

Another issue with the site of the game is the seats.

First of all, as I have posted before, the current setup is unfair to UAlbany. There is no way that UAlbany should have to be the home team 100% of the time. I have seen various rationalities from Siena fans who think otherwise. One of them concerns team superiority. When this question was argued in the past, some Siena fans stated that they should always be the home team because they were always the best. The game two years ago took care of that myth. The fact that Siena is playing NJIT away in one of its games, a team that will have an initial RPI in the 330's, shows the inconsistency of that argument.

Second, I agree that the Pepsi (or whatever) is the only venue for the game.

Third, ways can be found around the argument that Siena has exclusive rights to the arena. Contracts are always being renegotiated, based on changed circumstances. I challenged Siena people last year to get me the exact wording on the exclusivity clause, and no one stepped up.

I'm tired of watching the game from the corner, where almost all UAlbany people sit.

I guess today that, contrary to Dane96, I don't feel like being Saint "KNICK."

It's a question of justice on this issue.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Third, ways can be found around the argument that Siena has exclusive rights to the arena. Contracts are always being renegotiated, based on changed circumstances. I challenged Siena people last year to get me the exact wording on the exclusivity clause, and no one stepped up.

17247[/snapback]

One way to do it is to vote the bums (who gave Loudonville exclusive rights to an Arena I as a taxpayer of Albany pay for ) out of office.

Although, I doubt that is going to happen.

I already kidded Jennings (although I know it is probably not the county not the city who determines the rent) at a recent football game that he should raise Siena's rent for our county owned arena.

Hey olddog, if you are tired of sitting in the corner of the Pepsi, then I suggest you buy season tickets for Siena Basketball.  In addition to good seats for the SUNY game, you will be able to watch quality mid-major basketball rather than low major ball.

17251[/snapback]

Huh....so profound.

Hey olddog, if you are tired of sitting in the corner of the Pepsi, then I suggest you buy season tickets for Siena Basketball.  In addition to good seats for the SUNY game, you will be able to watch quality mid-major basketball rather than low major ball.

17251[/snapback]

The best Capital District basketball I saw last year was the UAlbany-UConn game. Granted, it was from a lounge chair and not from some rigid old metal chair, but it was really nice seeing my alma mater play in a late-season game. It's so nice to have healthy competition now.

Despite the sprinkling of impressive contests their schedule, how can they possibly justify the double dip with the NJTechsters? Don't they have any shame?

17214[/snapback]

Easy answer. Fran, during last year's season, decided to book three games - two against NJIT and one against Dartmouth - for the 2006-2007 season to ensure a better record in year 2 of his regime over what was supposed to be an awful year 1. Is there any other evidence needed that he's looking to get out as soon as possible?

This is straight from Fran's PR department:

KnickSaint

989 posts May-15th-06 10:29 PM

Click to e-mail KnickSaint Click to send private message to KnickSaint Click to view user profile

1. "Schedule Update"

I got answers to my questions today. The deal with NJIT was agreed to several months ago, before the success which the 2005-06 team had was known, at a time when there was concern about having the 2006-07 record show improvement over what was expected for 2005-06. Had the home and home request by NJIT been recent, the agreement would not have been made, notwithstanding the friendships which exist between the respective schools' coaches and AD's.

If the exempt event craters for 2006-07, there will be three games to fill. Among the possibilities are a couple of A10 teams, a couple of perenially strong Ivies and one of the best MVC teams of the past several years. If the latter game gets done, we will have three games against 2005-06 Top 50 programs in terms of RPI, and if our team plays as well as many expect, we should get a very strong opponent in the Bracket Buster. With St' Joe's already agreed to begin a series in 2007-08, I am persuaded that we will not see a repeat of NJIT or the equivalent.

Hey olddog, if you are tired of sitting in the corner of the Pepsi, then I suggest you buy season tickets for Siena Basketball. In addition to good seats for the SUNY game, you will be able to watch quality mid-major basketball rather than low major ball.  - Saints73

Saints73 ... even with the "low-major" ranking, all is well here ... just a few years ago we'd have been listed in the "no-major" category ... from any seats it's clear to see, the UA athletic dept. is moving up, while siena, at best, remains as is ... you give me a chuckle old-timer

17251[/snapback]

I think your old age has made you senile.

17251[/snapback]

This is some pretty funny stuff. There is no such thing as a good seat in the Knick for most siena games and especially the NJIT game. Why would any of us give that kind of money to siena just for the Albany game. Many of us specifically buy our seats from Albany for the Albany - LCC game because rumor is Albany keeps the money from the sale of those tickets.

I think I'll save that $225 or whatever it costs for a Loudonville season ticket just in case I need it for the AE championship ticket, an NCAA ticket and a hotel room like I did last March.

17251[/snapback]

This is some pretty funny stuff. There is no such thing as a good seat in the Knick for most siena games and especially the NJIT game. Why would any of us give that kind of money to siena just for the Albany game. Many of us specifically buy our seats from Albany for the Albany - LCC game because rumor is Albany keeps the money from the sale of those tickets.

I think I'll save that $225 or whatever it costs for a Loudonville season ticket just in case I need it for the AE championship ticket, an NCAA ticket and a hotel room like I did last March.

17257[/snapback]

It's kind of funny, didn't UAlbany have an exhibition game tonight, and the only thing being discussed on this board is Siena? You'd think there might be something else worth discussing tonight.

It's kind of funny, didn't UAlbany have an exhibition game tonight, and the only thing being discussed on this board is Siena? You'd think there might be something else worth discussing tonight.

17260[/snapback]

Didn't catch much of the exhibition game. Sometimes, we have more than one sport going on at the same time at our university unlike some of the lesser schools in the area.

Besides, our fans know you don't take exhibitions or intersquad games too seriously.

It's kind of funny, didn't UAlbany have an exhibition game tonight, and the only thing being discussed on this board is Siena?  You'd think there might be something else worth discussing tonight.

17260[/snapback]

quackman,

Usually I respect your opinion, and many times I agree with it, but here you're a little off.

First, a UAlbany member already mentioned the exhibition game on the AE board, so we've already seen word of it.

Second, when someone who doesn't remember most of the important facts comes over here specifically to flame, then we take umbrage.

Archived