UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

NJ Tech X 2

Yes, Siena playing NJIT twice and Dartmouth are bad but Albany is playing heavy weight such as Brown, Harvard, Cornell, Utah Valley St, and St. Bonnie (A-10 but they stink) this season

Brent Wilson vs. David Ryan is a wash...

Their numbers from last season:

Wilson Games: 32, 10.4 PPG, 4.3 RPG, 1.5 APG, 42.6% FG, 36.1% 3FG, 71.4% FT, 30.4 Minutes

Ryan Games: 27, 9.8 PPG, 3.7 RPG, 1.4 APG, 47% FG, 48% 3FG, 84.3% FT, 29.4 Minutes

It's a toss-up between the two as the numbers point out looking at it objectivly, Wilson with slight edges in some catagories, Ryan with slight edges in the others.

Both are solid role players but Albany needs more out of Wilson than Siena needs out of Ryan this year to contend.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can see Albany fans complaints, but I agree with Quack, I’d be very surprised if Siena agreed to a game at the Q. Quite simply the SEFCU arena is not big enough to hold the game. I just don’t think Siena would agree to a local game that a vast majority of Siena fans would not be able to attend. Like it or hate it the Pepsi is big enough to accommodate fans of both schools

Yes, Siena playing NJIT twice and Dartmouth are bad but Albany is playing heavy weight such as Brown, Harvard, Cornell, Utah Valley St, and St. Bonnie (A-10 but they stink) this season

Wilson Games: 32, 10.4 PPG, 4.3 RPG, 1.5 APG, 42.6% FG, 36.1% 3FG, 71.4% FT, 30.4 Minutes

Ryan Games: 27, 9.8 PPG, 3.7 RPG, 1.4 APG, 47% FG, 48% 3FG, 84.3% FT, 29.4 Minutes

It's a toss-up between the two as the numbers point out looking at it objectivly, Wilson with slight edges in some catagories, Ryan with slight edges in the others.

Both are solid role players but Albany needs more out of Wilson than Siena needs out of Ryan this year to contend.

17231[/snapback]

Ahhh...the fool you are. Brown, Harvard, and Cornell all should be in the top half of the IVY League. NJIT...should be playing UNION and R.P.I. And, a terrible St. Bonnie team is infinitely better than NJIT.

Utah Valley State is A) on our swing trip out west, and B) a give back game for the visit to us last year. We didnt schedule them TWICE in the season for a home and home.

YOU....are an utter fool!

As for numbers...you dont base performance and who can start based on numbers....jesus.

Wilson is a go-to guy...not a role player. As quackman astutely pointed out, The Wilson's, Hasbrouk, and Haddix would start on ANY combo of these teams.

17231[/snapback]

Ahhh...the fool you are. Brown, Harvard, and Cornell all should be in the top half of the IVY League. NJIT...should be playing UNION and R.P.I. And, a terrible St. Bonnie team is infinitely better than NJIT.

Utah Valley State is A) on our swing trip out west, and B) a give back game for the visit to us last year. We didnt schedule them TWICE in the season for a home and home.

YOU....are an utter fool!

As for numbers...you dont base performance and who can start based on numbers....jesus.

Wilson is a go-to guy...not a role player. As quackman astutely pointed out, The Wilson's, Hasbrouk, and Haddix would start on ANY combo of these teams.

17233[/snapback]

The numbers say Ryan is as good a player that Brent Wilson is.

I can see Albany fans complaints, but I agree with Quack, I’d be very surprised if Siena agreed to a game at the Q. Quite simply the SEFCU arena is not big enough to hold the game.  I just don’t think Siena would agree to a local game that a vast majority of Siena fans would not be able to attend.  Like it or hate  it  the Pepsi  is big enough to accommodate fans of both schools

17232[/snapback]

Exactly, which is why there will be fair negotiations on changing access to tickets and $$ revenue split.

IMHO, they will either go significantly higher than before, giving Albany some money and access, or they will declare this game neutral.

Most likely, something in between.

Eventually this will be considered a neutral site job...50/50...maybe not now.

Both sides will be fair....and BOTH SIDES WANT THIS GAME....it isnt going anywhere.

Some (I can hear certain Siena fans right now from your board) dont want this game....but this is the PREMIER SPORTING EVENT (other than an NCAA event) in the Capital District!!!

17234[/snapback]

The numbers also said I should be a pro ball player because I was an All-State NY and Honorable Mention High School All-American Baseball player with my career .525 average on the 16th Ranked Squad in the Nation.

I ended up an Albany...and am now an attorney.

Oh...and I sucked in my one summer of pro-ball....SUCKED LIKE YOU COULDNT IMAGINE!!!!

Numbers often dont speak the whole truth, rather they tell the story the reader would like to hear.

17234[/snapback]

The numbers also said I should be a pro ball player because I was an All-State NY and Honorable Mention High School All-American Baseball player with my career .525 average on the 16th Ranked Squad in the Nation.

Oh...and I sucked in my one summer of pro-ball....SUCKED LIKE YOU COULDNT IMAGINE!!!!

Numbers often dont speak the whole truth, rather they tell the story the reader would like to hear.

17236[/snapback]

Brent Wilson is a solid player, I'm not saying he isn't. What makes him better than David Ryan? I'm waiting to hear. I didn't say Ryan was better, I said it was a wash. Other than numbers, what do you want to look at? Because Ryan didn't score against Albany last year and Wilson did? Ryan was in foul trouble that whole game. Ryan is an underrated player.

Excluding the freshman how I'd rank Siena/UAlbany players...

1. Jamar Wilson

2. Mike Haddix

3. Kenny Hasbrouck

4. David Ryan/Brent Wilson

5. Tay Fisher

6. Brian Lillis

17234[/snapback]

17236[/snapback]

Brent Wilson is a solid player, I'm not saying he isn't. What makes him better than David Ryan? I'm waiting to hear. I didn't say Ryan was better, I said it was a wash. Other than numbers, what do you want to look at? Because Ryan didn't score against Albany last year and Wilson did? Ryan was in foul trouble that whole game. Ryan is an underrated player.

Excluding the freshman how I'd rank Siena/UAlbany players...

1. Jamar Wilson

2. Mike Haddix

3. Kenny Hasbrouck

4. David Ryan/Brent Wilson

5. Tay Fisher

6. Brian Lillis

17237[/snapback]

Brent Wilson is a likely 1st or 2nd team all conference selection and the 2nd option on Albany. Ryan, who I love as a member of the Saints, is probably the 4th or 5th option and someone who I just can't see getting all league recognition. Wilson is a natural 4, Ryan is a tweener, not quite quick enough to play the 3 and a little bit too small to play the 4. simply put, Wilson is a go to guy, Ryan is a role player.

Personally, I think a healthy Haddix would give Jamar Wilson a run for best of the bunch, but that probably is a matter of preference (and hopefulness that he remains healthy).

As a semi-wise man once said, Stats are for losers. Every team has guys who can score, every team has guys that can rebound ... numbers by themselves are meaningless ... Why do think it is that every year one of the top scorers in the nation comes from a losing team?

Yes, scoring isn't everything. I posted both players entire stat lines. Yes, Brent Wilson is Albany's second option, while Ryan is only Siena's fourth or fifth but I think that might speak to the depth at Siena over Albany more than anything else. And yes, Brent Wilson will probably make an All-AEast team (1st or 2nd) but the AEast is a lot less competitive than the MAAC in terms of good players.

I'm really trying to be objective and not bombastic Siena fan, it's just the way I see it.

But enough talk...opening night in one week from tomorrow for both the Danes and the Saints!!! :D

Why not play two games a year, one at Pepsi/TUC and one at the CUE?  I am sure that both games would draw well.

17240[/snapback]

Based on the recent trends of the respective programs I am sure they would not want to risk that emabrassment twice in one season!!

Wait a second Tony, MTS and other Siena friends, I was merely joking and I dont want this to turn into one of those 30 post threads about nothing...

B9 makes a great point, why not play twice? I think it would be great for the rivalry and as the programs really are becoming more equal it would be a great rivalry for many years!!!

Why not play two games a year, one at Pepsi/TUC and one at the CUE?  I am sure that both games would draw well.

17240[/snapback]

Based on the recent trends of the respective programs I am sure they would not want to risk that emabrassment twice in one season!!

Wait a second Tony, MTS and other Siena friends, I was merely joking and I dont want this to turn into one of those 30 post threads about nothing...

B9 makes a great point, why not play twice? I think it would be great for the rivalry and as the programs really are becoming more equal it would be a great rivalry for many years!!!

17241[/snapback]

You dont play non-conference rivalries twice a year. The whole point is...one game...one showdown...all the marbles...a ton of emotion.

They often played twice a year in the past - once in the Capital District (Xmas or Tipoff) Tournament, once in the regular season.

17243[/snapback]

What I meant to say is, DI schools dont play twice in a year...way to hard of schedules. Only in conference rivals do that!!!

17240[/snapback]

Brightest idea that's been written in this thread. But I doubt Siena would ever agree to it.

S$

Archived