UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Coach Brown Interview on 980AM Today

Sorry for posting too many topics, but Coach Brown was interviewed on 980Am today, and if you did not have the chance to listen, he made a couple of interesting statements.

Regarding UConn, he mentioned how Calhoun may have been trying to send a message in this past week's game, in response to the media trying to rekindle the excitement from the NCAA Tournament game. Coach Brown mentioned how with three minutes to go, and with a big lead, that UConn still had its starters in the game.

Another interesting viewpoint regarded the Mid-Majors, and it would have made Bob87 proud. Coach Brown said that people are always trying to prove how superior of a conference the MAAC is compared to the AE, but in the end they are both one bid conferences. It is nice to see somebody guide the UAlbany team that has that type of confidence in the program and the conference.

Good luck Saturday.

I think Brown had a good point there about UConn. I remember when we inbounded the ball with 4.something seconds left in the GAME, UConn was playing a full court defense and was still all over Iati was he received the inbound.

17985[/snapback]

Calhoun was acting similarly tonight when UConn was pounding Sacred Heart. Up by forty, he was still pressing for more. He may be a Hall of Fame coach but he may not be a graceful winner.

I think Brown had a good point there about UConn. I remember when we inbounded the ball with 4.something seconds left in the GAME, UConn was playing a full court defense and was still all over Iati was he received the inbound.

17985[/snapback]

Calhoun was acting similarly tonight when UConn was pounding Sacred Heart. Up by forty, he was still pressing for more. He may be a Hall of Fame coach but he may not be a graceful winner.

17990[/snapback]

I am going to give him the benefit of the doubt. He has a young squad...very young and talented. I think he was disgusted by last year's team (no unity) and wants to impress the point that you have to play hard from whistle to whistle.

In no way do I think he would try and stick it to Brown and Albany, along with SHU.

Archived