UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Thoughts entering conference play

reeder

1. Albany is the most talented team in the conference, but Vermont will be very good and I wouldn't be surprised to see BUMA at the top of the conference either.

2. I do think there is something going on with Jamar – he is shooting 40% from the field – his lowest in his career (he shot 49% as a freshman and 45% last year). 28% from 3 – the lowest in his career. In listening to the two games in Utah, he hit the side of the backboards with shots 3 times and I don’t know how many shots he has had blocked this season, but there have been a lot. He had a sport last year where he struggled with over penetrating and getting his shots blocked and he got better at taking the short jump shot instead of over penetrating...

3. We need to see continued development from Gifford - he will be a very good player once he learns not to get so many fouls. His development isn't important just for this year but for next year as well.

4. I hope everyone has enough time to heal in the next couple of days - will be a challenging first couple of weeks to the season and these are the games that count.

Well, time for guessing on the teams record in conference play. I was looking for 8-4 in the OOC schedule and we came close with the best chance against Siena in 2OT or less of a fade against UVS the other day. We're never in the Uconn, VCU, and Sacred Heart games.

As for AE play, last year we were 13-3, with 6 sweeps, one split, and one o-fer against NH. I'm looking for 12-4 at the worst. I know some teams have improved, but these teams have been very inconsistant in OOC, looking good one night, and horrible the next. We should sweep Stony Brook, UMBC, Hartford, NH. And if we only split the others, we are 12-4. Certainly 13-3 or even 14-2 are possible but only if we stay healthy, Jamar plays like POY, and we get something from the bench on a regular basis. Any thoughts? Hope everyones New Year was safe.

I am concerned with our schedule and the long stretch of games with only one day inbetween games. However I'm very optimistic going into the confrence season. I believe the UVSC game was the kick in the butt we needed, our team has yet to develop a killer instinct they have squandered two leads 9 against Utah and 10 versus UVSC in the second half, idk if people realize we could have very easily come out of Utah 0-2.

The team is going to learn from this road trip and will apply what they learned. I'm concerned with Siggers ankle situation we are going to need people to step up, Iati stepped up on Offense we need Ross or Reid to step up on D.

I think 12-4 or 11-5 is realistic given how strong our league is compared to last year, also we don't know how good teams will play come confrence time when games start to matter. However despite all the obsticles I think we are in good shape to come out 4-0 going into Vermont.

UNH is a puzzle. I think they have everyone back and they beat us twice during the season last year. They have struggled pre-season and I know we beat them at tournament but this is not an automatic game. That is especially true at home where we have yet to get a call.

To be completely honest, I wouldn't care if we went 0-16 as long as we remain undefeated when it truly matters: in March. Its not like we're expecting any at-large bids here. That being said, i think 12-4 seems like a reasonable record given our talent against the rest of the AE. The schedule does seem a little tough, but i absolutely love the back end going into the AE tourney. The BPG against Binghamton will draw a sellout and, if anyone was at last years BPG against Boston U. or the Vermont Championship game, you know how much that crowd helps. The crowd from that game will affect the turnout for the final two contests against stronger opponents Vermont and Boston U. to cap the season off with good crowds and (hopefully) good performances from the team going into tourney time.

Archived