UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Booing becomes a crime

A post-Iona game quote from the Siena board:

"if there was booing directed at the players or coach it has to be addressed as complete ignorance. The trend over the last couple of years to hear it has become alarming. Both Iona and Siena radio guys made mention of the booing at the conclusion of the game. My family and I usually sit in our season ticket seats , but chose to get a different perspective of the game by sitting upstairs last night. I KNOW FOR A FACT that there are some real idiots that have been coming to the games for the last few years, they are completely out of line with name-calling and boos and seem to have no conscience with what they say. I'm not going to say that a D-1 coach or players should be treated with kid gloves (they have all chosen to be spotlighted in exchange for rewarding contracts or very valuable scholarships) but their lives are aired in the papers and radio/tv and that should be enough ! We all have off days and college basketball players and coaches have them and they do things that are correctable. Let them correct it without the fruitless booing, it's bad form. Hopefully none of you on this board are members of the boo club, because the money you spend on the game doesn't warrant boorish behavior."

How can you not boo when the Jewel of Conference is on the ropes to a winless team? Fans deserve refunds.

"if there was booing directed at the players or coach it has to be addressed as complete ignorance. The trend over the last couple of years to hear it has become alarming. Both Iona and Siena radio guys made mention of the booing at the conclusion of the game. My family and I usually sit in our season ticket seats , but chose to get a different perspective of the game by sitting upstairs last night. I KNOW FOR A FACT that there are some real idiots that have been coming to the games for the last few years, they are completely out of line with name-calling and boos and seem to have no conscience with what they say. I'm not going to say that a D-1 coach or players should be treated with kid gloves (they have all chosen to be spotlighted in exchange for rewarding contracts or very valuable scholarships) but their lives are aired in the papers and radio/tv and that should be enough ! We all have off days and college basketball players and coaches have them and they do things that are correctable. Let them correct it without the fruitless booing, it's bad form. Hopefully none of you on this board are members of the boo club, because the money you spend on the game doesn't warrant boorish behavior."

How can you not boo when the Jewel of Conference is on the ropes to a winless team? Fans deserve refunds.

I know bob was there :blink: ....fess up bob did you boo the "crown jewel of the MAAC"? :angry2:

I know bob was there :blink: ....fess up bob did you boo the "crown jewel of the MAAC"? :angry2:

The crown jewel has some cracks in it. I have never pulled so hard for a team other than ours as I did for Iona last night. too bad they couldn't close the deal on our crown jewel.

The crown jewel has some cracks in it. I have never pulled so hard for a team other than ours as I did for Iona last night. too bad they couldn't close the deal on our crown jewel.

No my crown jewel.... :unsure:

Absolutely not. My expectations for this game were pretty much met. It was sloppy, it was ugly with 2 evenly matched teams. I did laugh quite a bit considering the level of play for a February game.

I never boo players, only officials!

When I first started going to games I booed the opposing players, but I no longer do. I find it be unsportsmanlike like and terribly disrespectful. On the other hand I give it to the officials pretty good when I feel their actions or lack of warrant it. We have a couple of guys in our section that really ride the officials sometimes. It's great! One of the classic ones from our section was "....are you kidding me" some of you might know what I'm talking about.

Archived