UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Update if you have any:

OL - Zach Gallo, Sayville, Long Island (1st Team Class A All-State lineman)

WR - Luke Weaver, Christian Bros. Academy-Albany (3rd Team Class AA All-state)

S - Jeff Benway, Queensbury

QB - Danny Wilhelm, Glens Falls

The media department needs to start acting like a national FCS team and not a DIII team. Little things like this bother me and I know they probably shouldn't but they do. Release the schedule when the rest of the FCS conferences do and make a big deal out about your recruits on signing day. It makes the recruits feel better and gives the program a big-time feel. Waiting until March does nothing for me. You have to act big-time to be big-time. Its about creating a culture. Its what has been done with the basketball team.

Sorry just a personal gripe that I've had for years about the logistics. Same thing for website updates. I hate a website thats not updated.

The media department needs to start acting like a national FCS team and not a DIII team. Little things like this bother me and I know they probably shouldn't but they do. Release the schedule when the rest of the FCS conferences do and make a big deal out about your recruits on signing day. It makes the recruits feel better and gives the program a big-time feel. Waiting until March does nothing for me. You have to act big-time to be big-time. Its about creating a culture. Its what has been done with the basketball team.

Sorry just a personal gripe that I've had for years about the logistics. Same thing for website updates. I hate a website thats not updated.

danefan--I totally agree. I would expect it from d 3 , but we're D1 and we need to make a big deal about these recruits, especially since a few of them are local kids. AS far as the schedule--if there are a problem with some contracts--release what is finalized, and add as others become more solid

Football signing just began today, and lasts until April 1, so I don't mind them waiting to announce the recruits, but there's no reason they can't release a tentative schedule with the games they have signed and announce the late contracts as they come in.

Yes technically football signing just began, but in reality almost all the kids who were offered schollys will make a decision today. Its the standard and its what happens all over America. There should be press conference tonight to announce the signees. Get the local kids who signed to be there and make a big deal about it.

Yes technically football signing just began, but in reality almost all the kids who were offered schollys will make a decision today. Its the standard and its what happens all over America. There should be press conference tonight to announce the signees. Get the local kids who signed to be there and make a big deal about it.

I agree with everything that you've said danefan.

http://ccsubluedevils.cstv.com/sports/m-fo.../020707aaf.html

Central's press conference release. You're telling me that we don't look like a DIII school? Not even a peep about National Signing Day from the UAlbany website. You have to do the little things too!

we should all send emails to McElroy and DePasquale. We want to be D1--then start acting like it for ALL sports

http://ccsubluedevils.cstv.com/sports/m-fo.../020707aaf.html

Central's press conference release. You're telling me that we don't look like a DIII school? Not even a peep about National Signing Day from the UAlbany website. You have to do the little things too!

we should all send emails to McElroy and DePasquale. We want to be D1--then start acting like it for ALL sports

Sent mine out. Very politely asking for a commitment to the football program and its fans that has been given to our basketball program and its fans.

Update if you have any:

OL - Zach Gallo, Sayville, Long Island (1st Team Class A All-State lineman)

WR - Luke Weaver, Christian Bros. Academy-Albany (3rd Team Class AA All-state)

S - Jeff Benway, Queensbury

QB - Danny Wilhelm, Glens Falls

Luke Weaver is going to walk on in hoops also/

Whoa A little harsh So the SID stays home from the Maine hoop game and what are we gonna do? Bash him for giving incomplete hoop coverage?

I'm sorry guys, but a Division I institution has got to have more than one person who can hold a press conference. This school is no longer a one-sport per season school. What has seemed to slip through the cracks so far is the fact that Division I football is not a single season sport. The same way Division basketball is not a single season sport. It takes a full year commitment. We are moving in the right direction but seem to be forgetting the small stuff.

And yes, the athletic department should and most likely does have a media person traveling to every contest with the basketball and football teams.

Archived