UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Iati ROW!

Congrats to Iati:

Coppenrath, Iati Earn Men's Basketball Honors

Junior Taylor Coppenrath (West Barnet, Vt./St. Johnsbury Academy) of Vermont is the America East Player of the Week after leading the Catamounts to two road wins last week. Albany’s Jon Iati (York, Pa./York Catholic) is the America East Rookie of the Week for the fourth time this season. The awards were announced Monday (January 12).

Coppenrath scored a career-high 41 points on 18-of-23 shooting from the floor in an 88-78 win over Northeastern Wednesday. The field goals made tied the America East record (shared with Nate Fox of Maine vs. Sacred Heart in 1998) and erased school record that stood for 62 years. He also added nine rebounds in that game. The 6-9 forward scored 11 points and had six rebounds in the 71-62 win at Maine Sunday.

Iati scored a career-high 23 points in the 57-52 win at New Hampshire Thursday. The 5-9 guard added 18 points and five assists at Northeastern Sunday. Iati leads the conference’s rookies in scoring with 14.5 ppg.

Congrats to Iati. He is getting pounded and pressured and has had to play 40 minutes per game. He will think he is walking in the park next year when he plays 30 minutes a game and defenses will not be able to cheat on him due to the presence of Jamar and Luscious and Co. Is it too early to speculate if Coach Brown has brought in to the fold back to back ROY winners???

P.S. Great effort versus the bad boys of NU yesterday. On paper it looked like a severe mismatch...........if not for our turnovers which I blame on a lack of experience and fatigue.........well, with efforts like that we are going to knock a team or two off their perch before the season ends.........maybe in the playoffs??

once again ... congratulations to the rookie ... not to discount 03-04, but i can't wait to watch his contributions in the years ahead when he takes the floor with a fully rehabilitated shoulder, healthy jamar wilson, seasoned returnees, talented freshmen, and a couple of well publicized transfers ... not to mention, the enthusiasm of a respectable RACC crowd that begins coming out after they hear about the first few W's of the season

For those who don't go to the UA Men's Basketball website

UALBANY’S JON IATI NAMED AMERICA EAST CONFERENCE ROOKIE OF THE WEEK

Boston, Mass. – University at Albany’s Jon Iati has been chosen as the America East Conference Rookie of the Week in men’s basketball, as announced on Monday, Jan. 12 by the conference office. He received the award for the fourth time this season.

Iati averaged 20.5 points and 5.0 assists in two games for the Great Danes. He scored 14 of his career-high 23 points in the first half in a 57-52 win over New Hampshire on Jan. 8. The victory halted a string of seven straight road losses, dating back to last year, and ended a six-game losing streak against conference teams in regular-season play.

The 5-foot-9 freshman totaled 18 points and five assists in last Sunday’s 77-70 loss to Northeastern. He played 40-plus minutes for the eighth time this season, and has scored in double figures in 11 of 13 games.

A native of York, Pa., Iati ranks sixth among America East’s top scorers at 14.5 points per game. He is also second in three-point field goals made (2.6 pg) and fourth in assists (3.6 pg).

Rusty

I hope you are right about Jon and about next year with "Das Big Man".......

but let's not get like the $iena people and start over hyping everyone we recruit or who has never played a game for us.

We will have a full squad next year that's a plus...

We will be much more talented that's a plus........

Hopefully we will have our first winning season at the DI level that's a plus.....

Hopefully the atmosphere at the RACC continues to improve, also!!!

anything more is gravy!!!!!!!

Chemistry, injuries and oddball situations can all be bumps in the road.

Let the Program develop and speak for itself - actions speak louder than words.

With all that has happened in the past regarding injuries etc. it would be prudent to be cautiously optimistic.............but that light at the end of the tunnel sure looks bright. And I predict that due to the outstanding job the players and coaching staff are doing this year to keep us in ball games that the mighty Danes are going to suprise a few teams this year. It all depends on if we can get a handle on the turnover problem, which I am confident we can, and if Jamal Hughes returns to the fold, of which I am not as confident.

It's kind of funny about the ROY because no one has mentioned it. I would have to think Iati would be one of the top candidates with winning ROW 4 times. I don't recall Brown mentioning it this year in talking about Iati. I know last he lobbied for Wilson to win it early and often.