UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Lillis

Lillis is playing on a very solid, well balanced team.

The Dowling Catholic boys' basketball team won the rebounding war, 34-18, on Friday night against Urbandale on its way to a 58-43 victory over Urbandale.

"Our inside players used their football expertise tonight," Dowling coach Joe Katich said. "I thought it was a real physical game, but we had some bigger, stronger kids. (The officials) let it go both ways tonight."

Dowling is coming off wins over Ottumwa and Indianola, which were both undefeated at the time, and a one-point loss to No. 3-ranked Johnston. It is now in a three-way tie for second in the CIML Central Conference with Indianola and Southeast Polk and 5-3 overall.

"We've lost some battles, but the war is to make progress as the season goes on," Katich said. "We wanted to be a pretty good team by January and I think we are. We think we can play with anybody in the state right now."

For Urbandale's young twin towers, 6-foot-5-inch sophomore Jake Jacobs and 6-4 freshman Ethan Freeman, it was another learning experience about what it takes to win at the varsity high school level. Freeman had 11 points and Jacobs had two as Urbandale dropped to 1-4 in the conference, good for fifth place.

"They're doing great," Urbandale coach Brad Bjorkgren said. "But when the heat of the battle comes in, I just know there's more inside of them. They may have been able to take some possesions off in (eighth-grade or freshman basketball), but you can't take a possesion off in our league."

* The Maroons overcame a two-point deficit to beatthe seventh-ranked Bulldogs in the final two minutes of their nonconference matchup Tuesday, 68-57.

"The guys who had the ball in their hands in the last two minutes made good choices," Katich said. "This was big because no one had beaten Ottumwa to that point. I am pleased how well we played against a real good defensive team."

The Maroons committed just five turnovers.

"That is very good for us," Katich said. "I always like to see under 12 a game."

Brian Lillis and Trent Flander each had 15 points. Alex McConegehy had 13 and Austin Reichardt had 11. The Maroons also had 12 steals.

"I'd rather see four players in double figures than one guy with 30 points," Katich said.

Lillis game improving - last nights game:

Marshalltown, Ia. - Dowling Catholic's Brian Lillis had a game-high 21 points, while Devin Whiteley scored 20 points, making six three-pointers in the Maroons' nonconference road victory on Tuesday.

Ross DeVolder led Marshalltown with 18 points.

DOWLING CATHOLIC (85) - Wilkinson 0 0-0 0, Lillis 5 11-14 21, McConeghey 7 5-5 19, Whiteley 6 2-2 20, Flander 2 0-0 4, Ferezy 5 0-0 10, Nessler 1 1-2 3, Maahs 0 0-0 0, Finan 2 0-0 4, Reichardt 1 0-1 3, Seidl 0 1-2 1, Heun 0 0-0 0, Hedges 0 0-0 0. Totals 29 20-26.