UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Coach Wolff and his MVP Choice

McFan

Did everyone see that Wolff (who was worth the price of admission on Sunday, went crazy a couple of times in the huddle) feels Trimboli is the MVP. "Trimboli is probably as deserving as (Wilson) is. I often feel the team that wins it should get appropriate credit."

Trimboli is great and has led his team to the regular season title.

Jamar however has more points, rebounds, assists, and his team did finish second at 13-3. So, I agree that winning is part of it and a guy with big stats on a lower tier team has to be head and shoulders above to win the award, but Jamar is the MVP. Trimboli has the edge in Wins, FT%, 3-ptrs made (Jamar has a higher %), and steals.

Could they really steal this from Jamar?

I read that and was surprised. Copenrath won two of his POY awards while finishing on second-place teams. I usually thought if a couple of players were close they'd give it to the senior but after reading that who knows? I don't see how Jamar doesn't get it but then again I thought Coach Brown should have been Coach of the Year last year.

Archived