UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

NCAA/NIT?

In today's TU Will Brown is quoted as saying "two teams going on in the post-season--and we want to go to the four letter tournament" sic. Do you think America East has been told that if UA loses saturday's game,we will get an NIT bid? I know UVM has an automatic if they lose

anybody have any idea? I know the NIT has reduced its field to 32 for this year.

I think it is just Coach feeling confident that if we lose, we will still get an at-large bid to the NIT. I think 1 or 2 mid-major or small conference winners have lost in their conference tournaments this week, so that takes away spots from at-large teams in the NCAAs and puts them as either automatic bids to the NIT or at-large bids to the NIT. Either way, every time a team doesn't make the NCAA, and goes to the NIT, that, in turn, takes away a NIT bubble team!

If you go to RealTimeRPI and count back from the end of the list, it will give you a ROUGH idea of who will be considered a lesser seed (NCAA qualifiers are in bold).

Right now there are five bids below UAlbany, so they could/should be a 15.

However, if Boise State keeps winning, and if UAlbany beats UVM, their RPI will continue to incease.

Archived