UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

How soon

Will the coaching staff be hitting the road (recruiting) to capitalize on the media attention? From past practice, they were on the road almost immediately. So far we have a verbal from Chauncey Gilliam for 08, and chasing after Farbizius. Fabrizius is a long stretch since he recently stated that Northwestern is high on his list right now, not to mention he has 4 or 5 offers from the likes of Illinois, Marquette, Creighton and Arizona. He is a real long stretch but would be a huge coup, I'm not holding my breath on him though. Coaching should be hitting the road next week.

Will the coaching staff be hitting the road (recruiting) to capitalize on the media attention? From past practice, they were on the road almost immediately. So far we have a verbal from Chauncey Gilliam for 08, and chasing after Farbizius. Fabrizius is a long stretch since he recently stated that Northwestern is high on his list right now, not to mention he has 4 or 5 offers from the likes of Illinois, Marquette, Creighton and Arizona. He is a real long stretch but would be a huge coup, I'm not holding my breath on him though. Coaching should be hitting the road next week.

What is a good source for keeping up with recruiting info for UAlbany? Is there a website you can suggest?

Also, any knowledge about who our rivals in the America East (i.e., Vermont --- and also LCC) are recruiting (or have already signed)?

1. The fact that Gilliam is going to a prep school is a bit of a red flag as Howard Little did the same this year and didn't honor his verbal commitment. I would guess that there is a lot of time being spent by the coaching staff in South Jersey touching base with Raffa and keeping in contact with Gilliam.

2. Historically, UA makes a lot of offers based on AAU performance is the spring / summer - Brent Wilson, Brian Lillis, David Bauman, Gifford, Covington all were offered based on being seen in the AAU tournaments.

3. Recruiting sites are not usually real accurate especially at our level. After the fact, it's good to look at the sites and learn a bit about the players.

4. There are about 10 Anthony Raffa videos on youtube if you want to see some tape of him.

5. I would also guess that they have a list of prospects that they have been working with and may have increased attention from some of them now with the publicity.

Archived