UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

I talked with someone at the women's game tonight who works at UAlbany, and he told me that the coaching staff loves the WR's that the team has for next season, including some redshirts from last year. I don't know much about the roster, but they said that there are like three kids who sat out last year and would have started over anyone we had. Big talk for some true frosh.

Sounded promising and apparantly the coaching staff feels that way (according to this person) as well.

Anyone know anything about our freshmen from this past season and care to shed some light?

I will be honest...I don't know the kids names. But I know we got a kid from Ithaca who was very highly rated...about 6'1 190. Speed demon. We got a transfer (soph) from Toledo...obviously this kid had something to get a scholly from Toledo. They also got a big kid, 6'3 or so...from LI. I know that at the time Fordie said this is the biggest and fastest group he has ever had (receiver wise). That is saying alot if you think in the past 5 years we had studs like Gemelin and Chris Phillis.

The problem I see is the QB situation. I really hope he has something up his sleeve. Checked out the kid from Siena...not great numbers...but a true frosh from Bayport...always good football down there. Siena was very small...but I am sure that we will grab some.

I noticed Siena's kicker...a glaring prob for us. 11-12 PAT's (they didnt score much) and very good FG numbers...hit a 47 yarder. I would think we make a move for this kid...he is from Newburgh.

Siena is a good school academically as well, which means they can get into Albany....IF THEY CHOOSE TO. They may look down for some reason on Albany Academically...you know Private vs Public etc.

I have also heard that these WR's are the best in school history. The kid from Ithaca was ALL NY State. Did not know about the kid from Toledo...he has to be something special. Can you imagine a 6-3 reciever...wow