UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Blog entry 6.01

New blog entry.

Coach states that he has to replace 3 guys, and already has two commitments. I know Gilliam is one, any idea who the other one is? Also nice that the coaching staff can spend their time evaluating the last piece of the recruiting class and get exactly the player we need in here.

Strength and conditioning stuff is also very interesting.

Love the update from Coach Brown and the job he's doing. That part about sending Kenny Dags down to Texas was very interesting! I like how our student athletes are taking summer classes. It's the difference between, let's say, 15 and 12 credits per semester, and that difference is HUGE! Taking 15 credits and playing college sports is extremely challenging at that age (or at any age of course). I wish that I would have taken summer classes back in my day.

Getting pretty anxious for the start of the season ... only about 4 months or so until the start of practices, right?

maybe they are trading one Iati for another...Jacob Iati is a 2008 kid I think. He did well at GymRat.

"Jacob Iati (5-11 PG, The Blast): This young man should serve as the 2008 GymRat symbol – he is the epitome of what the term “GymRat” truly means. A long-range sniper who knocked down 12 treys in two games, Iati showed steely nerve by draining three free throws with two seconds left to force a second overtime in pool play. Sees the floor and is exceptionally quick, Iati is a tremendous competitor and someone who improves all around him with his relentless energy."

http://www.gymratunlimited.com/history_07_recap.shtml

Probably unlikely, if I had to guess, the other commit would be someone who plays the 3, just because the roster as it stands now is thin at the three. Allen and the JUCO kid, Hastings seem to be the only ones that are traditional "3's" out of the new recruits, and there is going to be a lot of guards on the roster.

Or maybe its Gilliam and Raffa ;) (only kidding!)

Archived