UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Bouna Coundoul is playing on ESPN2 tonight with the Colorado Rapids taking on Houston Dynamo. One of the commentators, Tommy Smyth who does colour commentary for the Champions League and the World Cup and now MLS, said that Bouna is the best goalkeeper in the MLS right now.

Saw him on the Duece a few weeks ago. Was watching for a few minutes and saw him go one on one with Freddy Adu, he made a great save on his ass with his left hand. As I recall the announcers were very impressed with his play.

Bouna is excellent...and has a chance to be stud (and maybe play for Senegal), however he is far from the best goal in the league...Tommy hit the booze before that one.

Simply put, Buona needs to control his emotions...and get more games under his belt. Once that occurs...it may be bye bye MLS...because thought Tommy is off by a season...Buona WILL be the best keeper in the league.

Not sure he is quite there yet.

I have to say, I am HIGHLY disappointed in the UA staff for not highlighting him more...or all our professional athletes for that matter...by having a "WHERE ARE THEY NOW" section...that highlights the guys. A simple link to external sites would suffice.

It is a great recruiting tool...kids coming to the site and seeing our pro baseball, football, lacrosse, soccer, and I am guessing soon enough, a track and field international performer.

Totally agree Dane 96. I've seen Condoul in two matches this year and he has shown marked improvement over last year, but he is not yet the best in the league. I suspect before he does reach that status he'll probably have signed with a Premier League club. The English league seems to like Senegal players as there are three there now. Look for Condoul to make a foursome.

Also agree that the Athletic website should have an alumni news section with updates on UA athletes competing in professional sports.

Totally agree Dane 96. I've seen Condoul in two matches this year and he has shown marked improvement over last year, but he is not yet the best in the league. I suspect before he does reach that status he'll probably have signed with a Premier League club. The English league seems to like Senegal players as there are three there now. Look for Condoul to make a foursome.

Also agree that the Athletic website should have an alumni news section with updates on UA athletes competing in professional sports.

if Bouna makes it to the EPL, La Liga, or Serie A and gets a few starts, that would be by far the greatest accomplishment any UA athelete has ever made at the professional level. What's sad is that most people won't understand that.

Archived